Paint Mixing Technician
Morson are currently looking to recruit an experienced Paint Mixer / Mix Room Technician on behalf of our prestigious aerospace and defence client based in Stevenage.
Overall responsibility and authority to ensure all activities performed with the area adhere to the specified procedures and specification.
These areas will include:
- Control access and access right, and check training status according to risk assessment
- Define standard rules on, support team leader to enforce, and assess regularly: Clean room discipline, and health and safety of personnel and visitors
- Equipment in calibration: review the current process to deploy adequate tools to monitor equipment calibration
- Ensure 5s standards are defined & maintained
- Coordinate planned & unplanned events impacting the facility (maintenance, works, etc) with Team leaders and AIT facility management
- Be able to cover for AIT facility management when needed
- Provide support to AIT facility manager
- Reporting to a Team Leader
- Day-to-day task allocation may come from a Lead Technician
- Interface with AIT operations, test and engineering to ensure personnel are adequately training to provide access to the area.
- Interface with AIT Facility Manager
- Interface with shop floor Engineering and Production control support as required. Provide inputs to improvement initiatives.
- Liaise directly with manufacturing engineering/design within area of expertise/knowledge.
- To work from Mixing Requests to produce the required article. To complete and record information within appendices/routing card/work instruction/IPS after the completion of every operation. Highlight any anomalies and proactively liaise with the Team Leader/Engineering to update paper works to reflect build sequence and data capture requirements.
- To work in accordance with LDS (local document system) describing methods and procedures. Promote Cleanroom regulations, local area health and safety requirements and 5S policy within local work areas
- To regularly demonstrate skills, a specialism or product knowledge/experience that sets the technician apart from their peers and to train and mentor colleagues in this area to ensure the high quality of finished goods.
- To deputise for or coordinate work load with the Team Leader and lead technician.
- To demonstrate the desire, commitment and team working ethic to complete task in the correct quality and lead time.
- To demonstrate flexibility and mobility to work across different product and or departments as required by the workload.
- To work independently in the area of knowledge/expertise to lead and/or oversee activities in order to utilise experience and knowledge.
- To provide information, opinion, suggestions and knowledge of the area of expertise/experience internally and externally to operations as required.
- To work directly with MAIT Technicians, engineers, designers and customers as need dictates.
- To undertake activities to support the day to day running of the department such as consumable and test piece tooling management.
- Liaise with team leader and production to support and address manufacturing anomalies and be proactive in 5s disciplines and continuous improvement activities.
- To maintain Adhesive stock levels liaising with material control to ensure a seamless flow to avoid production impact due to lack of adhesive material.
- Liaise with the IPS team to maintain the Form.net weighing system, highlighting any anomalies at the earliest possibility to avoid production impact.
- Liaise with Lead Technician, Team Leader and Facility Management with any Facility Faults and possible Future improvements.
- Proven similar experience within manufacturing facility
- Conversant with H+S and COSHH regulations and practises
- Familiar with environmental controls and guidelines