about 1 month ago
Package Manager to assist in the modification of a number of SRC and Dock services and structures in order to provide a sustainable submarine De-fuelling capability in Devonport Dockyard.
The purpose of this Programme is to provide a flexible organisation to coordinate, direct and oversee all of the projects and activities necessary to safely deliver the above outcome to time cost and quality.
A programme of assessments and physical works has been ongoing to maintain and improve the performance of the various systems and structures within the Facility under normal and extreme scenarios. However, this will not provide the necessary capability; consequently a team is being mobilised to undertake the necessary work.
The Key objective of this Programme is to:
* Safely deliver a reliable and sustainable PWR1 de-fuelling capability in the Dock
The primary purpose of the Package Manager is to lead and deliver distinct packages within the major project. This will include the likes of the following;
* To manage and control delivery of distinct package(s) of work as defined by the Project Manager.
To ensure the scope of work definition will satisfy the project / package requirements.
* Development of plans, schedules and control of work information for defined packages, integrating with the wider project(s).
* To develop, monitor, forecast and report against budget.
* Undertake stakeholder management in relation to defined tasks.
* Ensure all works are planned and managed in a safe and appropriate manner.
The candidate must have;
* Demonstrable experience and knowledge of engineering works, e.g: civil works, mechanical or electrical systems / services, construction management and/or building demolition preferably within a marine led environment.
* A minimum of 2 years' experience working in a managerial capacity.
* Proven experience with managing teams and large scale infrastructure projects.
Preferably the candidate will be degree qualified in an engineering related discipline, or have a minimum of an HND (note a HND or equivalent level would need to be justified by a greater level of experience
Recognising the RESTRICTED nature of the work, suitable candidates will be SC cleared or eligible for this level of clearance.