£30000 - £50000 per annum + Good benefits
7 months ago
Role: Project Scheduler / Project Planner / Planning Engineer - UK Nuclear New Build
Location: Bristol, 2 minutes drive off of M4 / M5 junction
Salary: £30000 - £50000/year + good benefits
Start: February 2020 onwards due to the need to obtain / transfer security clearance
An exciting opportunity exists for a skilled Project Planner / Project Scheduler, ideally with nuclear industry or other major construction project experience to work for our prestigious client, helping to design and build the next fleet of nuclear power stations in the UK.
The candidate will need to be proficient in the use of P6
Working within the project controls team to establish and deliver project scheduling activities
- Definition and delivery of an action plan to establish project scheduling activities
- Preparation of the level 3 & 4 schedules in Primavera P6 for the civil & layout, system, contract and piping design activities
- Prepare updates of the level 3 & 4 schedules within agreed time frames and report progress to management and the central planning team.
- Analysis and integration of plans provided by contractors and suppliers.
- Ensure adherence to the project scheduling standards.
- Tracking of delivery performance.
- Support section managers in the production of monthly reports through the provision of intelligent information and analysis.
- Ensure adherence to Project Instructions.
- Production of training materials and delivery of staff training sessions in project instructions and tools.
KEY KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
Training & Experience:
Knowledge of project planning principles and techniques with experience of a design project.
Ability to use Primavera P6 to a high level, MS Project and Excel to a high level, VBA programming a bonus.
Good leadership skills
Communication and interpersonal skills including influencing.
Ability to work in a team as well as on own initiative, with the capability to take responsibility for problems within their own capability and responsibility.
Results focused with the ability to meet commitments and deadlines.
Highly organised with attention to detail and a high level of analytical and numerate skills.
For the right candidate, our client can offer a competitive salary along with a good benefits package, as well excellent career development and advancement opportunities, and the chance to become part of a company at the forefront of the UK nuclear new build industry.
MORSON INTERNATIONAL, part of the Morson Group, are the leading TECHNICAL & ENGINEERING RECRUITMENT COMPANY in the UK specialising in Technical Support to the following industries: Nuclear, Power Generation, Aerospace, Rail, Marine, Petrochemical & Construction