£100.00 - £140.00 per annum
15 days ago
Senior Desktop Technician
Witney UK, Oxford.
3 months +
- Extensive experience in providing IT Infrastructure field support which includes troubleshooting hardware, software, operating system issues and problems and fixing the issues without impacting / violating the hardware warranty or customer security compliance requirements.
- Hands on experience in installing, troubleshooting and fixing desktops, printers, laptop and other computer peripherals hardware problems.
- Experience or ability to follow installation instructions in installation and troubleshooting desktop applications.
- High knowledge of enterprise LAN and WAN setups and concepts. Ability to perform smart hand activity under instruction based activities at sites.
- Highly skilled in desk side support and PC break/fix including basic administration of Windows
- Ability to troubleshoot issues with systems and networks using good deductive reasoning skills under 'Smart Hands' capability supported by Company.
- Very good written and oral communications skills with clients and management. Good people handling skills.
- Ability to work with deadlines and complete tasks on-time.
- Well-versed in ITIL process of Incident, Change, Problem, Service Request and related activities like spare and buffer stock management
- Well versed in IT Asset management - ITAM process
- Handle daily desktop support incidents tickets.
- Troubleshoot and identify hardware related issues and coordinate with vendors if required.
- Troubleshoot any software related issues and should work with cross functional team required.
- Hands on experience in imaging the laptops (Windows 7 and Windows 10)
- Tech should be able to manage the daily operations at the site and also able to expertly handle escalations.