Up to £190.17 per day
5 days ago
Overheads Accountant; 6 month contract; based in Portsmouth; £190.17 PAYE per day
We are looking to recruit an Overheads Accountant to work for a large defence company based in Portsmouth. Reporting to the Reporting Finance Manager - Military supporting all aspects of Business Unit ERP, management reporting, BPC and statutory reporting.
This will include:-
- Support of Sector and Group reporting on behalf of the Business Unit including monthly accounts, budgets (including consolidation), forecasts and strategic plans for Military Overheads.
- Support Overheads model development and review - for all aspects of reporting and forecasting, including variance analysis
- Management accounting transactions for the BU as required.
- Interfacing with external auditors, including supporting deliverables and other ad hoc audit requirements
- Provide system administration e.g. the maintenance of the ERP structure, management of the chart of accounts and coding structure, management of period and year end closure.
- Providing support to the Reporting Finance Manager - Military in all ad hoc analysis requests (including providing input into technical accounting papers as and when required).
Key outputs/deliverables will be:
- Month-end financial transactions to ensure completeness and accuracy of financial reporting
- Support of BU management accounts to UKA on a monthly basis including income statements, balance sheets, working capital, cash management and order book
- Support consolidation and presentation of BU results including relevant financial results, variance analysis
- Support delivery of BU monthly reporting packs, strategic plan financials, budgets and forecasts
- Adherence to all reporting timetables for monthly actuals, budget and forecast submissions
- Ensuring compliance with Group Finance policies and procedures (including initial review and challenge of internal audit questionnaires as completed by the BU's)
- Ad-hoc BU reporting, including responding to Sector and Group on urgent technical queries arising in respect of BU submissions.
- Ensuring the completeness of response to the external auditors in respect of audit deliverables
- Full understanding of ERP structure and implications of changes implemented
- Identification of opportunities for continuous improvement of the services provided
- BU financial transactions for accurate and complete reporting
- Production/processing of accounting inputs to the management accounts, budgets and forecasts, including liaison with Business Unit finance stakeholders.
- Production of ad-hoc BU reporting
- Support the Finance Reporting Manager relationship with the external auditors and ensure timely fulfilment of deliverables requests during the half-year and full year audit processes, as well as additional audit deliverables during the local statutory accounts process and presentations for the Business Unit Finance Director and subsequent submission to Group.
- Support of year end audit packs, tax packs and other Group reporting requirements.
Knowledge, Qualifications and Experience:
- Part qualified in a professional qualification (ACA, ACCA, ACMA) or AAT with a view to become fully qualified
- Experience of audit processes
- Understanding of technical accounting, including IFRS and UK GAAP
- Ability to understand and manipulate data to present clear and concise financial messages for review.
- Ability to ensure deadlines and targets are achieved or surpassed.
- Ability to maintain knowledge of industry and regulatory standards in respect to Financial Reporting.
- Extensive experience in the use of Microsoft Office 2010 suite of applications including Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Visio, Access and Outlook.
- Experience of Finance IT applications (e.g. SAP)
Morson is acting as an employment business in relation to this vacancy
CIMA; ACCA; FCCA; ACMA; GCMA; ACA; AAT; project accountant; management accountant; reporting accountant; finance manager; finance controller; FPA; forecasting; audits; overheads accountant