Up to £30.00 per hour
8 months ago
We are looking to recruit an experienced Accountant to work for a defence company based in Edinburgh. The role is working in a Finance Department to support the Cost base, Overhead and Functional support function. The candidate would work directly for the Vice President of Finance and provide financial advice and support to the Engineering, Manufacturing and Supply Chain, and ICT functions.
The candidate would manage and be responsible for consolidating financial reports and ensuring reporting requirements are met by providing accurate, timely and relevant management information. Ensuring this by supporting the functional management teams and liaising with the overhead accounting teams In Edinburgh.
Duties will involve;
- Functional Overhead control and reporting
- Produce Consolidated site inputs including total cost base, overhead costs, hours utilisation, headcount, and capital
- Cost base expenditure monitoring and reporting
- Direct and Indirect Hours efficiency through utilisation monitoring and reporting
- Cost base transaction reconciliation & support
- input to Integrated Business plan for cost base and recoveries
- Produce consolidated annual budgets, monthly forecast and annual forecasts for the functions, identifying major risks and opportunities
- Support to business decisions and investments are financially sound and follow due process and review, including financial modelling
- Provide accurate and timely management information
The successful candidate will be a Qualified Accountant (CIMA, ACCA) or equivalent. You will be proficient in Excel. You will be self-motivated and driven to succeed with excellent communication and organisation skills. You will be business focused. Previous experience working in the Defence industry would be advantageous. Experience in SAP would be advantageous.
The successful candidate will be expected to work full time hours in a flexible and often demanding environment with tight deadlines. Some limited travel may be required including driving with overnight stays.
The nature of the programmes means that any candidate being considered for the position must be capable of achieving basic security clearance and in addition the candidate will require access to caveated information such as ITAR.
Please note the pay rate advertised is a Limited pay rate.
Morson is acting as an employment business in relation to this vacancy.