Up to £27.33 per hour
24 days ago
Candidate should possess good FORAN skills and experience, with specific knowledge of FDesign, and the creation of both Structural and Outfit Production Output drawings. This role is required to support the close out phase of a complex new build vessel, within a multi-disciplinary Detail Design project. A good team ethic will be essential, as will the ability to communicate to multiple stakeholders within the development. This position will report into an experienced Senior Designer.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Ensure definition of design solution(s) and deliverables to required standards, consistent with whole lifecycle from concept through to in service support.
* Prepare & produce drawings throughout design lifecycle and in line with recognised ISO standards to the required time, cost and quality requirements.
* Prepare, produce and maintain project documentation as required by the design lifecycle, produce and update 'as built' /datum pack documentation.
* Liaise with colleagues and stakeholders during design lifecycle to ensure coordination and functionality of design, including contribution to design reviews.
* Develop innovative design solutions and solutions to manufacturing and installation issues by assisting in the resolution of Production and Technical Queries.
* Interface with customers and supply chain on design issues and assist with procurement specifications.
* Assist more senior designers in a range of activities including, production of estimates, maintenance and improvement in standard and quality of outputs, production and test organisations with the compilation of test forms and procedures.
* Fulfil Design Lead responsibilities as assigned for single discipline low risk projects
The role requires a good understanding of engineering and design practices as relevant to a design discipline including appropriate CAD skills, written and verbal communications skills, and an understanding of Risk Management. Generates a wide range of common or complex design situations and problems or detail for assemblies, components or systems. Applies knowledge to develop design solutions to a wide range of common or complex design situations & problems under limited technical supervision. Typically Engineering Tech status This position:
Requires ONC/HNC/HND (or equivalent) OR BTEC National Certificate/Diploma (or equivalent) OR appropriate apprenticeship of specialisation AND Relevant industry experience, requires referenced levels of the ICF (Integrated Competency Framework) to be demonstrated or being worked towards AND engaged in structured development and is working towards meeting the registration requirements of the Engineering Council at Incorporated Engineer Level
To apply for this position, you must be eligible to live and work in the UK and either possess or be able to obtain UK MOD Security Clearance to SC Level.