Up to £40.00 per hour
about 1 year ago
Purpose of Role:
- Undertake Outfit system and compartment design and integration activities
The role holder will require knowledge and experience of naval and / or commercial ship outfit systems with the experience to support system and spatial integration issues with other disciplines.
Outfit includes the design or operation of:
- workshops, offices & stores
- galley, commissariat & laundry
- accommodation and wet spaces
- deck coverings, coatings, linings & insulation
- WT & NWT doors, hatches and scuttles
- portable firefighting and damage control
Experience with CAD software such as AutoCAD or FORAN is desirable.
Tasks and Activities:
- Produce Layout Drawings for Outfit compartments for review by stakeholders and to allow Stage 2 to correctly model these spaces.
- Update Windchill PLM with mature parts, systems, occurrences and compartment data to ensure it correctly presents the baseline design.
- Write and update Technical Equipment Specifications and co-ordinate with suppliers to ensure delivery to the agreed specification.
- Co-ordinate with systems engineers and detail designers on the integration of Outfit and Seamanship systems.
- Support and attend FATs, HATs and SATs during the build, commissioning and trials phases.
- Support acceptance activities for Outfit facilities and equipment
- Support HAZIDs and Safety Reviews.
- Support Design Reviews and Zonal Reviews.
- Undertake general business and other design and integration activities, in support of maturing the design, as directed by Line Management.Key Outputs/Deliverables:
- Compartment Layout Drawings
- Mature Parts and Occurrences
- Technical Equipment Specifications, Scopes of Work and other Engineering Procurement Pack Documentation
- Technical Reports and Documentation
- SWG Minutes
- Maturity Evidence for Design Reviews and Zonal Reviews
- This role regularly interfaces with:
- General Arrangement
- Systems Engineers from other disciplines within the Engineering Team
- Stage 2 Detail Design
- MoD Naval Architecture Approval Authority
- Royal Navy (NCHQ)
- Supply Chain
- Suppliers and Sub Contractors
- To apply for this position, you must be eligible to live and work in the UK and either possess or be able to obtain UK MOD Security Clearance to SC Level.