Up to £33.00 per hour
9 days ago
- Undertake Outfit system and compartment design and integration activities
The role holder will require knowledge and experience of naval and / or commercial ship outfit systems with the experience to support system and spatial integration issues with other disciplines.
Outfit includes the design or operation of:
- workshops, offices & stores
- galley, commissariat & laundry
- accommodation and wet spaces
- deck coverings, coatings, linings & insulation
- WT & NWT doors, hatches and scuttles
- portable firefighting and damage control
Experience with CAD software such as AutoCAD or FORAN is desirable.
Tasks and Activities:
- Produce Layout Drawings for Outfit compartments for review by stakeholders and to allow Stage 2 to correctly model these spaces.
- Update Windchill PLM with mature parts, systems, occurrences and compartment data to ensure it correctly presents the baseline design.
- Write and update Technical Equipment Specifications and co-ordinate with suppliers to ensure delivery to the agreed specification.
- Co-ordinate with systems engineers and detail designers on the integration of Outfit and Seamanship systems.
- Support and attend FATs, HATs and SATs during the build, commissioning and trials phases.
- Support acceptance activities for Outfit facilities and equipment
- Support HAZIDs and Safety Reviews.
- Support Design Reviews and Zonal Reviews.
- Undertake general business and other design and integration activities, in support of maturing the design, as directed by Line Management.
- Compartment Layout Drawings
- Mature Parts and Occurrences
- Technical Equipment Specifications, Scopes of Work and other Engineering Procurement Pack Documentation
- Technical Reports and Documentation
- SWG Minutes
- Maturity Evidence for Design Reviews and Zonal Reviews
This role regularly interfaces with:
- General Arrangement
- Systems Engineers from other disciplines within the Engineering Team
- Stage 2 Detail Design
- MoD Naval Architecture Approval Authority
- Royal Navy (NCHQ)
- Supply Chain
- Suppliers and Sub Contractors
To apply for this position, you must be eligible to live and work in the UK and either possess or be able to obtain UK MOD Security Clearance to SC Level.