Crawley, West Sussex
£500.00 - £550.00 per day
29 days ago
3 months initially
Our client is looking for an experienced Oracle Implementation Consultant.
Primary Purpose of the Role:
* Experience of upgrading EBS R12.1 to R12.2.7.
* One or more of the following skills:
Supply Chain- modules i.e. Discrete MFG, Process MFG, ENG, INV, BOM, Quality, OM, PO.
* Projects: i.e. Contracts (OKE), Billing (PJB), Costing (PJC)
* Customer Services: Depot Repair, Service Contracts (OKI) , Installed Base (CSI)
Other modules advantageous: Depot Repair, iSupplier, Mobile
The role will require experience and capability in standard lifecycle activities - requirement mapping, gap analysis, conference room pilots, UAT and all the other disciplines required for implementation. Furthermore the role will include all other aspects of functional consulting, i.e. bespoke projects, customisations, upgrades, system and business process advice and guidance.
The role reports directly to the ERP Systems Services Team Lead, with cross functional responsibilities to members of the Applications Management Leadership Team, the IS Project Management Group and senior Business Sponsors.
Principal Relationships (beyond the UK IS team):
* Business Users and key process owners
* Application Management Support Team
* ERP Application Vendors and 3rd Party Support Management
* Group IS (especially the ERP and PLM systems Teams and EA)
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
Delivery of ERP services through the following:
* Provision of Functional Consulting Services for ERP Systems and Group/Business Applications.
* Gathering, documenting and managing business requirements and process flow charts
* Providing hands on analysis, design, testing, training, implementation and support utilizing prescribed software design lifecycle techniques and system documentation techniques (AIMS/OUM)
* Assist in defining and optimizing simple yet effective business processes and drive change within the organization through negotiation and consensus-building
* Ensure ERP initiatives follow the proper planning, scheduling and management processes
* Manage on-time project delivery and business expectations and ensure customer satisfaction
* Assist with risk management and change management on projects
* Work closely with the business community. Participate in user and task analysis to maintain the business communitys perspective. This may include coaching and mentoring via workshops and/or transition support activities.
* Responsible for preparing and supporting the preparation of Functional Designs documents for custom development.
* Participate in transitioning the solution requirements to the 3rd Party development team to ensure a clear and complete understanding of the requirements.
* Assist in translating requirements into test conditions and expected results for Functional, System Verification and User acceptance testing.
* Participate in quality management reviews as outlined in the Validation Task Overview, in particular reviews of the designs, prototypes, and other requirements work products to ensure they fulfil the requirements.
* Build and maintain client relationships both internally and externally.
* ERP Solution expert - a minimum of five years Oracle ERP implementation experience
* Essential Functional Skills: Oracle ERP modules/functionality as appropriate to Domain:
o Manufacturing and Supply Chain Modules
o Procurement /Purchasing Modules
o Projects Modules
o Repair/Service Modules
o Finance Modules
* Broad IT Knowledge - specifically on large ERP type systems (SAP/IBS/CODA) - (applications, presentation services, storage, networks, IT infrastructure, service level agreements, Asset management, DBA, system integration, etc.)
* Knowledge/experience of design to implementation methodologies - with experience gained on ERP implementation projects
* Technical IT (security, transaction processing, user interface, data management, Operating Systems Services)
* Understanding of SLA and Service Delivery
* Good communicator, both written and verbal
* Team Working and Line Management of delivery/support teams
* Logical Analysis
* Business awareness (Business case, organisation, business process, strategic planning, Business Functions)
* IT development skills (dba, sql, web)
* Excellent Word, Excel, VISIO, PowerPoint skills, Office technologies
* Understanding of general project management process including knowledge of MS Project
* Understanding/Empathy with Business Change/User Change impacts of IS changes