Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
£300.00 - £360.00 per day
4 months ago
My client is seeking to employ a Hyperion Administrator to be responsible for the Delivery of Administration and Development tasks for a company-wide financial planning and reporting processes, supported by relevant technology, to meet the strategic requirements of the organisation by supporting the Finance Community in delivering insight into their business areas.
The toolset includes (but not limited to): HYPERION PLANNING, ESSBASE, PBCS, FINANCIAL DATA MANAGER (data transformation) and SMART VIEW.
As the Hyperion Administrator you will capture and deliver business requirements from the wider finance community across Network Rail, including ROUTE FINANCE TEAMS, IP FINANCE TEAMS, ASSET MANAGEMENT, CORPORATE SERVICE FUNCTIONS, their business partners and any other areas of the organisation that wish to utilise the Business Planning Process
What you will do:
* Administration and configuration of technical changes to the company-wide Hyperion platform using recognised accounting and business planning process standards
* Development design to accommodate quality issues that are not resolved in source systems, suggestion of improvements to data owners to increase the value of reported information and maintaining coding structures in line with defined business processes, e.g. ensuring that the Oracle General Ledger and Hyperion Cost Centre structures are aligned.
* Problem solving inaccuracies in the data model that prohibit the timely update of the financial information either via consultancy to production support teams
* Capture, analyse and deliver (build and development) business requirements within the Hyperion platform - to provide enhancements and additions to the functionality to the business planning process
* Ensuring Service Management principles are followed for the management of the corporate information model (e.g. ITIL standards for the recording of incidents, problems, requests and changes).
* To work within agreed development and support standards and processes, supporting the business capability and technology roadmaps set by Information Systems Strategy.
* To manage compliance to standards and process and ensure defined business practice is being followed by all Hyperion users
* Recommendations and delivery of appropriate housekeeping jobs and scripts to keep existing business planning processes running within expected timeframes (e.g. adhering to service level agreements for availability)
* Monitor system activity and usage tracking to deliver recommendations to increase performance of data entry forms and reports (e.g. speed of response) or additional capability or information to increase user adoption. Perform Deployments, aggregations, integrations etc. in line with the business process.
* Provide Business Support to the Business Planning team, and the Hyperion end user community.
* Develop training content, and provide end user Hyperion & Smart view training to the end User community
* Provide timely communications on behalf of the Hyperion business support team to the Hyperion user community and stakeholders regarding outages, data loads etc.
Your experience will include:
* Subject matter expert in Oracle Hyperion Administration - System configuration, security modelling, user profiling, business model updates, Financial reporting and Smart View.
* Subject matter expert in Financial Planning Processes and Financial reporting standards, gained through relevant financial qualification (CIMA/ACCA or equivalent) or work experience.
* Demonstrable experience of MS Office Applications including Advanced Excel skills and knowledge of Access.
* Excellent analytical skills.
* Good communication skills.
* Previous experience of providing technical and user support.
* Demonstrated experience of finance processes within Network Rail and/or external organisations.
* ITIL Service Management qualification (Foundation).
* Knowledge of Oracle eBusiness or similar ERP system.
* Knowledge of OBIEE or similar BI tools.
* Experience of Agile development methodolgy.
* Recognised methodology for Problem solving and root cause analysis (e.g. Kenper Tregoe).
* Ability to interface with technical and business communities at strategic and detail level.
* Oracle Hyperion Planning 11 Certified Implementation Specialist Certification.
* Previous experience of PBCS.