£32.00 - £55.00 per annum
4 months ago
Main Purpose of Role
You will be responsible for developing and maintaining new and existing Oracle based applications, working with SQL and Oracle PLSQL, Oracle Forms, Oracle Reports, Apex and Formspider.
You should be confident at highlighting issues, providing estimates and delivering progress reports to project managers and your team leader.
You will work with the team and follow the established quality process and coding standards.
You will be joining an established team responsible for delivering Oracle services to meet customer requirements and departmental standards.
You will also be responsible for providing technical help/mentoring and product knowledge where needed to junior members of staff.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Experience and Competences
To be successful in this role you need to have an analytical mind, natural fault finding ability, pay close attention to detail, with deep experience in software development.
You should be comfortable working with a range of people from the business including solutions analysts, developers, testers, project managers and product owners.
An appreciation of the core Babcock business areas would also be an advantage.
* A methodical approach to problem solving and demonstrate close attention to detail.
* Good interpersonal skills, comfortable working in teams.
* Self-motivated, always keen to deliver effective results and see an issue through to resolution.
* Excellent communication and influencing skills with both technical and non-technical colleagues.
This section should state the required qualification needed. This should be in line with the TORR's and banding of the role. Required:
* Strong experience of Oracle SQL.
* Strong experience of Oracle PLSQL.
* Powershell/bash scripting.
* Experience with working with XML/JSON files
* Developing Oracle RESTful Web Services - ORDS.
* Strong understanding and exposure to Object Oriented practices and principles with IOC experience.
* Relational databases - strong Oracle Database skills.
* Knowledge and experience of software development life cycle and approaches.
* Knowledge and experience of Agile (scrum/Kanban) methodologies and practices.
* Bootstrap 4, CSS.
* Unit testing experience.
* Experience with TFS Azure DevOps 2019, Build and Release Pipelines.
* Knowledge of ERP systems (IFS)
* Experience with continuous integration and deployment.
* Microsoft SQL Server - T-SQL, SSIS, SSRS
SC CLEARANCE WILL BE NEEDED FOR THIS ROLE - CANDIDATES WILL EITHER NEED TO HOLD THIS OR BE ELIGIBLE TO ACHIEVE THIS PRIOR TO STARTING THE CONTRACT