€350.00 - €375.00 per day
23 days ago
Oracle Database Engineer - Brussels
Morson International are working with a global IT Consultancy who are looking for an Oracle Database Engineer to join their team in Brussels. This is an initial 6 month contract with the chance for an extension. My client are paying €350-€375 a day for this opportunity.
The Oracle Database Engineer will be involved in the:
* Implementation of new products & solutions into the agencys Oracle architecture.
* Testing and configuring the product/solution Quality controls on specific components and on full systems
* Drafting of documentation and user guides.
* High-level studies on new possible software, devices and solutions aiming at answering the needs of users.
* Implementation of Proof of concepts laboratories for the test of the identified components.
* Drafting reports and documents providing the formal standards and the de-facto practices in the domain of the lot and for the specified subjects.
* Documentation and execution of the requested tasks (e.g.: engineering, proof of concept, fine tuning of both SW and HW components, optimization of systems, Upgrading or migration of systems, optimization of the communications, check of security parameters, drafting of the documents required for operating the systems) for the specific domain of Oracle at the agency.
The successful Oracle Database Engineer will have:
* University degree, minimum 4 years post-secondary education, in an ICT related field
* Minimum 4 years of experience in the domain of IT infrastructure
* Oracle database evolution and lifecycle: 10g, 11g, 12c, 18c, 19c on Solaris, Redhat, Windows, and in particular the new Oracle Multitenant technology
* Oracle database patching and security fixes
* Oracle database architecture design: High Availability (dataguard), Oracle Grid infrastructure, Oracle Automatic Storage Management, Centralized database management (OEM), Oracle Unified Directory (OUD)
* Integration of new Oracle databases architectures in the current hardware and software infrastructure: installation, POC, validation, implementation, automation, deployment, procedures
* Oracle database migration strategy, planning, risk, workload and supervision
* Integration of RMAN with enterprise backup softwares like Networker and Netbackup using compression, deduplication, fast recovery area
* Integration of above with Oracle Data Guard (or other DR technologies) and Oracle RAC clusters
* Oracle database support: performance and storage analysis, session trace, debugging, baselines. Support to Operational datacenter and developers in complex enterprise architectures.
* Database solution design for enterprise applications like Oracle suite, Business Objects, J2EE applications, possibly SAP integration and data exchange
* Networking in complex corporate environments (advanced user level, not architect)
* Tools: SQL, AWR, ADDR, ASH, OEM/Cloud Control, real application testing, DPA (formerly Ignite), Nagios, Cacti, OmniVision, programming and scripting
* ITIL and other ICT best practices knowledge.
* Knowledge of English and French (at least B2) is mandatory
If you are interested and would like to find out more, apply now and I will be in touch shortly. Alternatively, contact Jake from Morson for more information.