Up to £0.00 per annum
25 days ago
Our nuclear client based on the Harwell site have a longer term contract requirement for an Operator to work rotating shifts
Purpose of Role
To provide safe and efficient waste operations, processing and packaging service within operational area and assigned shift over a shift cycle in accordance with Company and local arrangements, procedures and safety rules taking full account of Site Licence requirements, statutory regulations and Company Policy.
Safety, Environment & Security
* Maintain your own safe & secure workplace, identifying safety, environmental and information security risks and hazards, apply STAR and report unusual occurrences
* Carry out safe handover and handback of work areas and/or tasks
* Maintain knowledge of the relevant local and company management systems
* Lead on the development and maintenance of your personal skill, knowledge, authorisation and training required for your role.
* Establish and maintain an appropriate and effective level of stakeholder engagement.
* Carry out decommissioning/waste/decontamination activities in a radioactive environment as directed.
* Carry out waste streaming, size reduction and packaging activities as directed.
* Operate powered equipment to facilitate decommissioning and waste tasks.
* Maintain waste records as required.
* Wear a variety of personal protective equipment and clothing.
* When requested cover the chargehand role during absences
* Support the effective deployment of company-wide policies, processes, systems and procedures ensuring that at all time the business remains compliant. This includes, but is not limited to, the need to comply with the company's Equality and Diversity Policy and undertake identified associated learning and development activities.
Please note SC clearance will need to be obtained