£40.00 - £60.00 per hour
about 2 months ago
Morson International are looking for a Composite Operations/Manufacturing Manager to support management, planning, industrialisation and supply of the products delivered out of our client's composite facility.
* Develop Strategic and operational plans for all manufacturing activities within the business to achieve the manufacturing output requirements at the approved quality levels
* Identify and manage CI initiatives to improve unit quality, cost and delivery performance
* Provide management support for Operations, Manufacturing and process Developments to ensure the efficient and cost-effective use of resources
* Provide accurate and timely management information to evidence performance against budgeted targets
* Identify training needs and provide opportunities for individual development where the business requires additional flexibility and resource
* Ensure SHE standards are reviewed and maintained for business security
* Monitor the output of the Operations Team against targets. Identify and apply process improvements.
* Day to day leadership of all direct and indirect staff, programmes and outputs of the Composite facility via clear oversight and guidance of the onsite team to deliver right first time composite assemblies.
* Responsible for all direct and indirect staff in Composites production and support, reacting to RCCP/SIOP data and emerging production issues. Support all resources being matrix managed within CMS and Partner suppliers.
* Represents the Composite facility in all SHE, AS9100 and regulatory Audits.
* Responsible for the safe and efficient operational activity of all Composite production personnel onsite.
* Responsible for devising/implementing the strategy for manufacturing composite products for all programmes on time, to meet cost and quality requirements within available resource including unplanned work. Will be accountable for late deliveries and/or poor quality.
* Maintain and support daily Tier board activity on the shop floor to ensure daily SQCDP output is reviewed and formulating strategies to react to any poor performance areas.
* Work with industrialisation team and IPT's to implement change and ensure production readiness of programmes.
* Responsible for ensuring that the Configuration Control is rigorously maintained and all engineering changes are implemented.
The Successful Applicant
* Composite manufacturing experience, the successful candidate will understand lean manufacturing, we are particularly interested in speaking to Operations Managers/Directors/GMs who understand the process involved in manufactured an intricate consumer product
Key Areas Of Knowledge Will Include
* Composite manufacturing processes
* Technical appreciation and understanding
* SHE operations
* Site and services maintenance
* Ability to visit and deal with both supplier and customer issues
Desired Skills & Experience
Degree level preferred
Composites, manufacturing and engineering background
Excellent communicator with ability to establish good working relationships across departments