Up to £70000.00 per annum + Negotiable DOE
19 days ago
Morson East Anglia are delighted to be working in conjunction with an Offshore Wind Company who are looking to recruit an experienced Operations Manager.
Your role will consist of, but will not be restricted to the following:
Reporting directly to the Managing Director you will manage the operations department to ensure the company objectives, targets and operational activities are achieved. This is done in close corporation with other departments.
* Ensure immediate/appropriate actions are taken and implemented in case non conformities & deficiencies arise out of the operation, from customers, audits/incidents.
* Supervise, instruct, allocate and coach all personnel that report to them and ensure that they can optimise their performances and achieve the set-out targets.
* Act as Designated Person Ashore
* Work closely with the QHSE department you will set targets/objectives to sustain and enhance QHSE high level performance and assure the company complies to new or changes in applicable to the regulations from clients and authorities, assigning audit/DPA tasks to site managers as appropriate.
* Assist in verification of feasibility of awarded contracts and manage an appropriate site set-up, ensuring suitable resources and competencies are aligned to run the operation at new locations.
* Compile and monitor the budget for the operations department and maintain performance.
* Work in accordance to the company's Safety Management System.
* Approve purchase proposals for safety equipment & operational services, ensure the company purchase procedures and requirements are followed.
* Check and approve operational costs invoices and ensure applicable re-charging.
* Visit sites, liaise with site managers and inspect vessels.
* Review and issue circular letters to ensure the organisation is informed on new or any changes with regards to standards & procedures.
* Complete a General Report form (QHSEF030) after visiting a vessel to record checks and discussions carried out during the visit, ensuring QHSE Department is made aware.
* You will have first class Man-Management skills and be able to lead and motivate a team from the front, ensuring full compliance at all times.
* Be already employed as an Operations Manager and have the skills & experience in the operational field, preferably in the Maritime, Oil and Gas or Renewables industry.
* Have excellent communication skills to work at all levels including, clients, suppliers and internal colleagues/organisations.
* Report and show excellent administrative skills
* Knowledge on international shipping legislation and regulations would be desirable
This is a "real hands on" role and requires strength of character to drive forward the services and ensure full compliance with not only work colleagues but also Clients both in the UK and Overseas.
For more information with this role please contact Michaela on 01728 832862. Alternatively please email your CV