North Walsham, Norfolk
14 days ago
We are currently recruiting an Operations Manager for our client based in the Broadland area.
The client is a fresh fruit producer based between Wroxham and North Walsham. Due to site location own transport is essential.
Our client is looking for an Operations Manager who can manage onsite processes and control all activities within the manufacturing process. Ensuring all goals and targets are met within the agreed time, cost quality, safety, people and environmental parameteres.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and implement business unit operational strategy. Continually review and adjust the strategy in line with internal and external changes.
- Develop, review and deliver positive KPI results in People (H&S), Quality, Cost and Service that deliver against the operations strategy.
- Define the capabilities of the site to meet the needs of the business in relation to
* Product Quality (High & Low care operations)
* Service (Order Lead Times, Customer Service Level)
* Cost (Materials, Labour, Overhead)
* Manufacturing capacities
* Volume / Variety matrices
- Identify gaps from current state to minimum requirement and prepare plans to bridge any gaps in a time bound manner.
- Develop and actively promote a positive Health & Safety Culture.
- Align and lead the operational team to ensure they are engaged, high performing and deliver green KPIs. Coach them to identify and provide effective solutions to red KPIs.
- Encourage an environment of support and challenge amongst the team and a sense of pride and passion. Manage on going performance and succession of direct reports. Build teams through skills assessment, training, coaching, feedback and support.
- Manage the availability of labour against the plan and ensure that all production streams optimise labour across the business unit.
- In accordance with the business strategy; set and deliver Business Unit budget
- Understand and develop the requirements for Capital funding:
* to meet the need for development of new products as defined through innovation & NPD based on market need
* to meet the need for production efficiency improvement
* to meet the need for asset replacement
- Through analysis of performance data, identify performance gaps, trends and improvement opportunitiesand communicate internally using visual management standards in production and internally to site management team.
- Lead by example ensuring appropriate cross functional alignment & engagement with all support functionsas appropriate to the site needs and the benefit of the business as a whole.
- Actively manage all site communications with all internal and external stakeholders. Passionately promotethe site with customers and internal stakeholders. Engage & build good working relationships with employees on site.
If you have operations management experience, your own transport, and are looking for an exciting new opportunity then please get in contact with us. Send complete and up to date CVs or give the office a call for a chat on 01603269925.