Up to £0.00 per annum
6 months ago
- Purpose of the Job
To ensure the operational systems delivered by various system-wide contractors when integrated are operable.
- Principal Accountabilities
- Technically and project manage the consultant (FDC) delivering the high fidelity human factors assessments for the system and take the technical lead on resolving issues.
- Ensure the Verification Activity Plan is carried out in accordance with our client Procedures.
- Act as the point of contact for the operator on all operational technical aspects for the control systems.
- Manage the closeout of SIRP 2 items and act as the interface for RfL and MTR for SIRP3.
- Take reasonable care of your own and others health and safety and of those who may be affected in the day-to-day delivery of this role by taking personal responsibility for working to the our client Target Zero principles
- Cooperate with our client in all matters relating to health and safety, including following safe working procedures at all times
- Act as a role model for our client's vision and values, behaving in ways that are in alignment with our client's Ways of Working. Encourage and support others to do so too
- Promote equality in the workplace and adopt appropriate behaviour when interacting with colleagues
- Take necessary care to properly protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of corporate information from unauthorised disclosure, modification or destruction. Never knowingly put our client's information or information systems at risk
- Main Challenges of the Job
- Ensuring that the control environment provided to the operator is operable in normal and degraded modes.
- Ensuring that Verification activities are carried out
- Contribution in managing technical and operational interfaces with multiple stakeholders
- Contribution in managing assurance to provide evidence that Employer's requirements are complied with
- Dimensions & Interfaces (Internal and External)
- Tunnel environment complexity
- Technical challenge of integrating mainline legacy and modern metro signalling systems
- Interfaces with several stakeholders including the Infrastructure maintainer, Train Operator and Railway systems contractors
- Person Specification
- Professional qualifications in electrical or mechanical engineering or an associated discipline
- Significant operational Railway experience in both metro and mainline
- Good technical knowledge of operational systems including signalling and railway control systems.
- Good communication skills
- Have a good general knowledge of railway regulations and standards