£40.00 - £45.00 per annum + Annual Co bonus scheme, pension
21 days ago
Our nuclear sector client based in the South Gloucestershire area has a permanent requirement for 2 x OPERATIONS ENGINEERS
Purpose of Role - To provide safety, compliance, Infrastructure and project support by supervising the operation of Plant items in accordance with legislative requirements and Company Procedures.
- Control plant operating status and plant configuration.
- Understand the existing plant operating status and expected plant operating requirements.
- Identify problems arising on plant and ensure that they are investigated and remedial actions put in place.
- Prepare and issue safety documents in accordance with Company safety rules.
- Maintain compliance at all times with the Nuclear Site Licence and other statutory requirements, ensuring that the plant is operated within defined operating limits and routine testing carried out to the required programme.
- Actively support and encourage the use of Conduct of Operations & Human Performance Error Prevention Tools.
- Prepare and write reports on specific events or special projects, as required, and ensure that information is provided to meet operational experience feedback requirements.
- Conduct general inspections of the plant. Ensure positive identification of hazards and risk assessments around the site and for work activities.
- Ensure work areas are maintained and any remedial action carried out in a timely manner to the site standards
- The post holder will be required to fulfil a role in the Sites Contingency Arrangements.
- Comply with the Health, Safety, Security, Environmental and Quality policies, procedures, work instructions and risk assessments
- As a customer-focused individual, the post holder will be expected to support delivery within his or her range of skills, knowledge, experience and competence
- Contribute to the effective development and delivery of training within own area of specialism.
- Uphold Company values at all times by putting safety and environmental protection first; building trust by acting with integrity and respect for others; and ensuring that we promote and support innovation and efficiency to achieve successful delivery of the mission.
An HNC or Higher National qualification
Sufficient knowledge of the operational aspects of Mechanical, Electrical, Control and Instrument Engineering, Radiological Protection and Chemistry.
Excellent communication skills and Team member
THROUGH ON SITE TRAINING
A training period of 2 years will involve gaining the knowledge and experience to enable the post holder to be Authorisation as a: Senior Authorised Person - Electrical and Mechanical, Senior Authorised Person - Nuclear Radiological and Duty Controller - for the Sites Contingency Arrangements.
This will include a thorough knowledge of Company Procedures, Safety Rules and the relevant statutory requirements for operation of the site.
The post holder will benefit from experience of the operation of conventional power plant, nuclear power plant or Nuclear decommissioning.
The site operates on a 4 day week - Monday - Thursday, 37 hour week
During the initial training period (approx. 1 year) 07.25 - 17.00 hours
Post training period 3 x 12 hour shifts - 06.40 - 18.40
A 24 7 standby rota is also in place post training and for this reason candidates must reside within 1hours travelling time of site (BS35)
25 days holiday, rising to 30 days after 5 years' service.
Performance related pay
Annual company bonus scheme
Company pension scheme