Great Yarmouth, Norfolk
£8.21 - £9.20 per hour
16 days ago
We are currently recruiting an Operations Assistant for our client in Great Yarmouth.
Company Administration and Governance
* Answering telephone calls, directing them to the clients executive team and taking messages when the team members are not available.
* Assist with the implementation of the Governance including pensions, human resources, health & safety, contracts, policies and procedures within the company in association with the SfE Programme Manager and General Manager.
* Assist with the production of internal and external documents, meeting agendas, briefing papers, letters, reports and presentations as and when required.
* Management, financial reporting and filing / archiving of company expenses, credit cards, invoices, purchase orders and banking under the direction of the company accountant, or to assist the Accounts function if required.
* Managing stationery, office supply stocks and orders, IT, insurance, registrations, policies and phone contracts under the direction of the General Manager.
* To assist in the production of the company board reports, and other reports, in collaboration with the Executive team to ensure their delivery in a timely and professional manner.
* To assist with arranging meetings, production of related documentation, venue booking, and arrangement of lunch/refreshments, and minute taking;
* To assist with the maintenance of the CRM system and general contact information maintenance.
* To assist General Manager in maintaining Data Protection and other legal compliance's.
* To manage incoming correspondence for the team.
* To provide the Executive Team with administration and organisational support where required.
* Assist the General Manager with the general maintenance and management of the office, obtaining quotes from contractors and managing contractor access where required.
* Assist with the drafting and distribution of general HR communications for the Group.
* Assist with the provision of general HR documents to new and existing employees.
* Assist with other HR matters of a non-sensitive nature as directed by the Company Secretary, whilst mindful that all HR activity must be treated in confidence.
Health, Safety and Environment
* Assist with the implementation and communication of health & safety directives within the company in association with the General Manager.
* Assist with compliance with their Environmental Policy.
* Conduct weekly fire alarm tests.
* Inform the team of any Health, Safety and Environmental issues arising.
* Maintain the accident book, first aid kit and ensure maintenance of fire appliances, fire alarm, intruder alarm and other safety applications.
Financial and Accounting
* Management, financial reporting and filing / archiving of expenses, credit cards, invoices, purchase orders and banking under the direction of the accountant, or to assist the Accounts function if required.
* Raise purchase orders for the Executive Team in accordance with procedure.
* Work with the Accounts function to manage the internal office spend, ensuring cost effectiveness wherever possible.
* To manage incoming invoices, ensuring that the accounts function receive them, and they are filed in accordance with procedure.
Personal Qualities & Requirements
* Ability to be discrete and maintain confidence in relation to sensitive and/or personal information.
* Good interpersonal skills and able to promote the organisation at all events and opportunities.
* Ability to work well as part of a team.
* Well organised with a good attention to detail.
* Numerate with good analytical skills, especially with regards data trends, statistics and reporting.
* Competent writer of business letters and other correspondence, taking and writing minutes and email correspondence.
* IT literate-MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
* Able and willing to visit member or stakeholder offices, make site visits, and make occasional overnight stays for business.
* Clean, full UK driving licence.
If this position is of interest we would like to hear from you. CVs to be sent