Vital Bristol Technology
10 months ago
Our client is an integrated facilities management services who provide the solutions, support, and facilities management services. They are currently recruiting for a Tactical Buyer to join our procurement team. This role can be based on either of our regional offices, Eastleigh, London or Manchester.
Monday to Friday - 9.00am - 17.00pm
To provide a sustainable, cost effective Procurement service to the operational business units, supporting the Operational Procurement Manager in achieving business objectives
To work with internal customers to obtain products and services from suppliers which offer value for money and consistent with considerations of quality, service, sustainability and company policy and procedures, under the guidance of the Operational Procurement Manager. To assist the Commodity Team in the progression and implementation of Preferred Suppliers into the business, supporting the strategic objectives of the Procurement Department.
- Proactively manage and build appropriate operational relationships with key approved suppliers.
- Always challenge costs and ensure value for money on all contract spend. Proactively drive cost reduction through effective negotiation and supplier selection
- Control the selection of suppliers the contract teams use to place purchase orders
- First point of review for new supplier requests, challenge the request, carry out credit and suitability check.
- Seek to review and consolidate supplier spend across multiple sites, working closely with the Commodity Leads and other Operational Buyers.
- Manage internal customer relationships with key stakeholders
- Procurement Champion for Procurement Systems and Processes
- Work with the contract teams presenting supplier innovation and lifecycle cost savings where appropriate
- Implement supplier improvement programmes within the contract
- Provide a flexible responsive customer service for customer specific requests
- Work with the Commodity Leads and contract teams to develop contract specific scopes and specifications
- Maintain cost saving trackers for the contract
- Complete contract FSSA's
- Train and advise the contract teams how to complete professional FOE/FOT paperwork
- Influence and support the transition and implementation from non-preferred to preferred suppliers where possible
- Carry out preferred supplier operational reviews measuring specific KPI's on a monthly basis
- First point of escalation for supplier issues
- To support the contract teams with the implementation of new contracts, to ensure the provision of a first class service to the Customer
- Integration of BS8903 Sustainable Procurement Requirements
- Participate in cross-functional project teams
- Provide clear communication lines to ensure that the contract teams are made aware of all strategic initiatives
- Minimise contractual risk by the use of appropriate contract terms, conditions and preferred supplier agreements.
- To ensure all business are concluded in an ethical and transparent fashion and in full compliance to process's and systems of operation
- Procurement background in: Mechanical and Electrical securing, materials, CAPEX equipment, subcontractor services
- Building Fabric, securing skilled carpenters, electricians, plumbers, drainage engineers, and glaziers, roofers, flooring installers, plasterers and bricklayers.
- Effective technical skills
- Ability to follow Procurement Processes.
- Commercial awareness
- Negotiation skills.
- Able to withstand challenge
- Good IT skills including Word and Excel.
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels inter/intra Group.
- Achieved or working towards CIPS membership.
- Able to manage internal customer relationships.
- Able to self-motivate.
- Has well developed problem solving skills.
- Clean driving licence and own transport.
- Experience of implementing sustainable Procurement objectives.
- Working towards CIPS
- Travelling between sites and to main offices will be required
- 25 days annual leave
- Car or car allowance
- Company pension scheme
- Private HealthCare after 6 months
- Family Friendly Benefits
If you do not hear from us within seven days, then your application has not been successful on this occasion. We may however keep your details on file for any suitable future vacancies and contact you accordingly.