£30000 - £40000 per annum
3 months ago
Morson International are proud to be partnering a leading Engineering firm who specialise in the delivery and maintenance of essential Water, Gas, Electricity and Telecommunications supplies to millions of customers across the UK
With expertise and experience across their key chosen industries, they specialise in mains design, build and commissioning, new mains and mains rehabilitation, leakage detection, network repair and maintenance, ducting and civils and overhead lines etc.
With client relationships stretching back to the beginning of the company, they have built a strong reputation within the water industry providing proactive and reactive services across clean and waste water networks water companies across the UK.
As a result of their success, they are now seeking an experienced Operational Support Manager on a permanent basis.
Reporting to the Service Manager, the Operational Support Manager will work closely with the contract management team to ensure works are planned and dispatched efficiently and effectively in line with client expectations. In doing so, the role will be critical to the successful achievement of contract KPIs, KPMs and performance objectives
The Operational Support Manager is directly responsible for the planning and scheduling of all works, as well as Streetworks and noticing, proactive customer communications and customer service recovery. Planning and scheduling activities will be clearly aligned to operations with regional team leaders and area specific schedulers for repair and maintenance works, and function specific planners in place for dedicated operational workstreams.
All activities will be undertaken in line with clients principles and with a clear customer focus in mind. Finally, the role is responsible for overseeing timely and accurate data provision across the contract, allowing validation of works orders, maximising value for money for client and its customers
Planning and Scheduling
- To ensure sufficient resources are available to achieve the planning and scheduling requirements of each contract area and discipline.
- To manage the customer centre office environment with line management responsibility for the Validation, Planning and Scheduling, Service Recovery, Streetworks and Performance Reporting Team leaders.
- To liaise with client with regards to current and future work programmes; developing an accurate long-range forecast for use in target budget agreement.
- To ensure compliance with contractual KPIs impacted by Planning and Scheduling outputs.
- To review planning and scheduling performance to improve compliance with KPIs and KPMs.
- To provide guidance to the scheduling team and to team of utility inspectors to ensure they are to perform their jobs to best of their ability.
- To ensure jobs are planned accurately with full details of requirements of work to be undertaken e.g. customer, traffic management, road closure, specialist plant etc.
- Development and roll out of framework-specific Customer Training for operational and office-based staff.
- Performance management of the Service Recovery team, including quality audit regime.
- Work with the Planning team to ensure that all jobs scheduled have sufficient customer history to enable a 'right first time' approach to delivery.
- Attend and contribute to any customer service meetings and performance reviews ensuring proactive interventions, management of escalated cases, etc.
For more information, please apply now.