Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
£40000.00 - £50000.00 per annum + benefits
3 months ago
Morson International are recruiting on behalf of the leading alternative provide of wholesale fibre networks across the UK. Our client it growing through an exciting period of growth and now recruiting for an:
Operational SHEQ Manager - Milton Keynes
We are looking for a pragmatic, energetic and resilient Operational SHEQ Manager who cares about delivering quality outcomes as well as healthy and safe ones. This role is Midlands based with extensive travel to offices and construction sites nationally.
You will lead a team providing professional health and safety advice, guidance, training and support to the project, design and technical teams across Network Operations and in particular our Network Delivery capEX programmes. You will facilitate compliance with the management system and work closely with the company ISO and Policy Assurance Manager to comply with relevant legal, industry and organisational standards. You will help fulfil its client and PC CDM duties by undertaking inspections of our construction sites and conducting accident investigations to help make sure our external Principal Contractors, Designers and others fulfil their CDM duties.
- Build and maintain relationships across Network Operations and with external construction partners.
- Work with project teams to determine practical and deliverable measures to improve health & safety performance within projects.
- Develop and implement strategies to reduce incidents and failures associated with design, quality and workmanship weaknesses.
- Periodically review/audit processes to identify and overcome areas of weakness.
- Inspect construction sites to monitor and improve CDM and health and safety compliance through the issuing of professional challenge.
- Lead and support project teams in the investigation of accidents and incidents and in the implementation of resulting recommendations.
- Identify and escalate risks to the project and leadership teams.
- Attend and lead on health and safety matters at meetings offering support, guidance and challenge, sharing lessons learnt and helping to improve performance.
- Develop and deliver internal health and safety training via the regional SHEQ Advisors.
- Keep your knowledge and CPD up to date to ensure we receive relevant and current advice.
- Deputise for the Head of Compliance where required.
- Three years minimum managing construction health and safety on behalf of the Client as defined by the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015
- NEBOSH National Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety or equivalent
- Professional construction qualification or evidence of construction training or NEBOSH National Certificate in Construction Health and Safety
- Construction related quality training or Quality Assurance Assessor qualification or equivalent
- Chartered Member of the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (CMIOSH)
For more information please contact Matthew Owen at Morson International.