£32000 - £35000 per annum + Benefits
Rail Technical Team
6 months ago
Morson International are recruiting on behalf of a leading manufacturing group whose core business is the production of high-end railway components for high speed transit, locomotives, passenger trains trams and underground trains throughout the UK and Europe.
Our client are specialists in both heavy engineering and the assembly and overhaul of full traction systems for the rail industry, servicing customers to tight schedules with safety critical components.
We seek experienced and dynamic individuals with the desire to shape their future career with a market leader in the UK traction and rolling stock market.
The successful candidate will be field based working across multiple sites, therefore a need to demonstrate a high level of flexibility in their place of work and associated working hours will be required. You will work with our existing customers and will also be responsible for developing new customer relationships.
The role requires blend of skills including relationship development, demand and supply chain management. Ensuring all activities are carried out safely and that the required quality standards are achieved at all times. You will also build a strategic and operational approach for the requirements and manage a portfolio of customers to ensure that the operational product requirements are met.
Key activities will include:
- Development of the operational requirements of other key wheelset customers.
- Develop relationships with depot teams to understand wheelset requirements and how this affect performance to their customers.
- Ensuring the agreed wheelset stocks are available at all times.
- Ensuring overhaul programs are understood and acceptable.
- Ensuring HSE and product standards are maintained.
- Develop relationships with Customer Management teams (operational, technical and procurement).
- Support the Contract Managers in successful delivery of key customer contracts and be a key member of the CRM process.
- Support the Innovations Project Delivery Manager to deliver new products and services to their Freight customers and grow business opportunities.
- Liaise with the technical teams to ensure all technical requirements are met and changes are managed through the appropriate process.
- Identify and support in delivering improved transactional processes to reduce manual interventions and errors.
- Ensure Supply Chain overhaul plans reflect the customer demand in conjunction with output.
- Agree and manage material stock at third party overhaulers.
- Ensure material requirements are known and the supply chain is in place to deliver those requirements.
Skills & Experience:
- Excellent communication and customer relationship skills
- Experience in a materials / product role in the UK rail industry
- Supervisory/managerial skills
- Analytical and reporting skills
- Ability to conduct and present well at stakeholder meetings.
- Work will multiple customer sites ensuring that service and operational levels are maintained.
- Resolve operational and product problems
- Analyse and report operational levels
- Develop and sustain key KPI's and periodical reports
- Offer direction and instruction to the team
- Review and develop operational process flows and ensure that the system requirements are adhered to
- Review drawings and specifications to ensure the appropriate engineering procurement methodologies
- Help to build and maintain relationships with stakeholders and internal departments
- Develop, seek approval of, implement and systematically review agreed business objectives
- Car allowance or Car
- Overnight expenses covered
- BUPA after 6 months
- 5% pension contribution
- 25 days holiday with option to purchase up to 5 more (in new holiday year)