6 months ago
Operational Health & Safety Senior Manager, Hinkley Point C Site, Permanent
This is a senior position within the Site Command Centre , ensuring the health and safety team are liaising with Project Managers, Engineering Leads, Construction Leads and Tier 1 Contractor teams to ensure that all legislative, company and site specific safety requirements have been considered and addressed.
The post holder is responsible for the provision of health and safety leadership and guidance to the Site Command Centre - consistent with HPC, NNB and EDF Energy policies. In doing so, they will liaise with HPC Site Occupational Health and Environmental teams and assist the Head of Site Health, Safety and Environment with regulatory interface.
* Lead a multi-disciplined integrated HSE function across the SCC main site. As part of integrated teams planned for late 2020.
* Influence the SCC lead team to ensure that health and safety matters are fully considered at the construction stage of project evolution.
* Proactive creation and implementation of Health and Safety programmes and initiatives within the SCC, harvesting best practice and innovation from HPC Supply Chain.
* Create a collaborative environment for the HPC NNB and Tier 1 Health and Safety teams whereby all teams strive to deliver the EDF vision of zero harm in line with HPC, NNB and EDF Energy policies.
* Establish industry leading metrics, best practice information and trending of performance metrics within the SCC.
* Develop and own the SCC HS&E audit and assurance programme.
* Provide assurance to the Client organisation that the Principal Contractor and associated Tier 1 contractors are complying with their requirements under Construction (Design & Management) (CDM) Regulations 2015.
* Participate and advise as a subject matter expert in constructability, maintainability and operability reviews as required under CDM 2015.
* Advise the SCC leadership team on required standards and work practices to manage contract partners by demonstrating visible leadership in those areas as described in CDM Regulation 13 2015 guidance.
* Support in planning the strategic direction and be responsible for tactical implementation of the HPC permit office and operational health and safety teams.
* 7+ Direct reports and responsible for the team performance and development of 20+ health and safety professionals and permit office team members. This will grow significantly with the introduction of integrated HSE teams in 2020.
* Required to influence the performance of between 60-80 health and safety professionals within the project supply chain.
* Lead the implementation and management of the integrated HSE teams as the programme of works dictates.
* Implementation of role accountabilities on a project worth circa £19 billion through pre-construction, construction delivery and commissioning.
* Supporting numerous multidisciplinary construction delivery teams, driving performance across several Tier 1 contract teams with a workforce of circa 7000 at peak.
* Managing a budget of circa £400,000/year accountable to the Head of Health, Safety, Emergency Preparedness and Environment.
Knowledge & Skills
* Ability to develop wide network and working relationships within EDF and the construction industry
* Results focus tempered with team centred approach
* Skilled at interfacing and operating in a large corporate environment
* Excellent communication skills
* Knowledge of national and international HSE standards
* Good knowledge of interfacing with the ONR/HSE
* Excellent knowledge of CDM Regulations
* Knowledge of ONR Licence Conditions
Qualifications & Experience
* Significant HSE experience including running a HSE group within a large project environment
* Significant HSE experience working on EPC construction engineering environment
* IOSH / NEBOSH Certified
* NEBOSH HSE Diploma or European equivalent
* Chartered member of a recognised professional HSE organisation
* Proven track record of achieving excellent safety results
* Experience of large organisational, process plant and site operations
* Practised in the development and implementation of behavioural management and leadership
* Degree or MSc in Health, Safety or Environmental Management
* Degree in Engineering / Construction
* Higher Education qualification in Nuclear Safety / Culture