6 months ago
Operational Development Engineer, Permanent, Bridgwater
This position will be responsible for supporting the Maintenance Lead, in accordance with the overall Clients Pre-Operations Programme. This role will specifically be focused in the area of Asset Management deliverable coordination. The role will give someone the exciting opportunity to coordinate the detailed deliverable/activity schedule for the Clients Asset Management Programme that sits within the Pre-Operations Programme.
Nature and Scope
Pre-Operations is split into the following Programmes and associated work streams, which are aligned to meet the current needs of the Clients Project schedule:
* Asset Management, covering: Maintenance/In-Service Inspection and Equipment Reliability (mandatory and elective maintenance respectively), Work Management, and the execution of asset management from Commercial Operations onwards
* Operate the Plant, covering: operational procedures, technical specification development, safety rules, training specification
* Technical and Safety, covering: the provision of Radiation Protection Adviser advice, compliance standards, preparations for radiography, emergency arrangements regulatory issues and Level 4 regulatory interface
* Operational Capability, working with HR and Generation on resource planning, terms and conditions and organisational structure
The Operational Development Engineer will report through to the Maintenance Lead, who reports through to the Asset Management Programme Manager.
· Execute all work with safety and cost culture values and beliefs embedded.
· Compile and prioritise the Level 3 and Level 4 activities across the Asset Management programme.
· Align the Asset Management deliverables and preparation activities with Commissioning and Operational milestones.
· Identify opportunities for efficiencies, and coordinate the collaboration and streamlining of delivery.
· Develop a suitable and consistent means of progress-reporting against Level 3 and Level 4 deliverables.
· Coordinate the pre-review of progress, and compile the subsequent report that feeds the Level 2 Programme Board report.
· Work with Level 2 planners' to embed the detailed activities within the Pre-Operations Programme.
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications, Experience
Please note - The following essential knowledge and experience could have been met in hazardous industries outside of the nuclear industry.
· Understanding of asset management requirements across large-scale industrial sites/installations
· Experiencing of developing and implementing detailed asset management strategies
· Experience of optimisation the delivery coordination
· Experience of gathering and assessing input data from asset designers', suppliers and competent bodies in order to compile optimised maintenance schedules.
· Able to develop work plans and monitor progress against delivery.
· Familiar with electrical generation plant.
· Have experience of working in a project environment.
· Degree in engineering or science discipline.
· Experience of developing and reviewing technical information.
· Chartered Status, or working towards Chartered Status with an appropriate Engineering or Science Institute.
· Knowledge and experience of light water pressurised reactors.