Up to £0.00 per annum
about 1 year ago
* Oversee the maintenance and support of enterprise in line with Customer's overall business strategy.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Assist the Director, IT in communicating the division's strategic direction and objectives to all staff. Translate the strategy into specific deliverable for the unit.
* Assist in the definition of CUSTOMER IT strategy, plans, policies, projects and service levels.
* Keep abreast of global and local best practice as it relates to the unit's activities.
* Continuously review the unit's activities, make recommendations for improvement and implement approved initiatives to ensure enhanced performance of the team.
* Identify required resources, personnel, funding to achieve the unit/function's strategy.
* Establish and maintain relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
* Oversee the implementation of the IT division's policies and procedures and ensure the overall efficiency of the team's service delivery.
* Oversee and ensure the accurate implementation of established billing/ tariff strategies and plans in line with overall business and IT strategies
* Translate the IT division's business plan into specific deliverable to operate server platforms including Windows, UNIX and Storage Area Network (SAN).
* Provide direction in the design, planning, implementation and optimization of all enterprise databases and their operating system environment.
* Coordinate the implementation and maintenance of UNIX and Windows operating systems.
* Coordinate liaison with the help desk to ensure prompt issues resolution in line with agreed service levels as regards user support (quick turnaround times on logged calls).
* Develop and monitor a proactive maintenance cycle on all applications and ensure regular updates of application documentation.
* Ensure adherence to SLAs by IT vendors.
* Review recommendations of the internal audit function relating to the unit's policies, standards and guidelines and take action as required.
* Implement the unit's work programs and plans in line with agreed upon procedures and guidelines.
* Plan and manage the human and material resources of the unit to optimise performance, morale and enhance productivity.
* Manage inter-functional relations to ensure synergy across the various departmental functions.
* Provide leadership and guidance to team members and manage subordinate's performance towards the achievement of overall team objectives.
* Monitor and control the budgetary needs of the unit/function.
* Prepare/compile agreed periodic activity and performance reports for the attention of the Director, IT.
* Perform any other duties as assigned by the Director, IT.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* First degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline.
* Postgraduate/ professional qualification in a related field will be an added advantage.
* Eight (8) to twelve (12) years work experience, with at least three (3) years in a managerial role.