South West England, England
£380 - £400 per day
Rail Technical Team
5 months ago
6 months +
Our client has an exciting opportunity for an OLE Field Engineer to join their business on a contract basis. this role is working on one of the most challenging programmes of
work on Network Rail infrastructure at present. This role is Working within the Engineering Team as an OLE Field Engineer, an important project role - to monitor the construction works to ensure that they are installed in accordance with design and technical compliance, managing changes that may be required to ensure
that those changes meet the design intent and are within engineering tolerances.
· Implement, carry out and formalise AMP walkouts with the client for the OLE Project life cycle
· Interface between the design and construction activities - ensuring all works are constructed in
accordance with approved designs or field change.
· Input into the design development process.
· Capable of producing or managing inspection and test plans for OLE-related construction works
· Undertaking of Engineers installation inspections.
· Complete the "red-line" mark-up of drawings and ensure accuracy of as-built issued drawings.
· Have a clear understanding of engineering tolerances for the contract and communicate these
to the installation teams, using suitable communication means.
· Anticipate and resolve technical issues, including the raising and progression of Technical
Queries, Non Conformance Reports, Inspection Request and Field Change documents.
· Utilise internal and external quality assurance tools and systems.
The following qualities/experience are essential:
· Strong team worker and ability to build relationships across the team.
· Experience of delivering OLE Engineering Works within a Network Rail controlled infrastructure.
· Strong communicator using verbal and written methods.
· Computer literate: Proficient in the use of PC's, laptops and hand-held (tablet/smartphone) devices.
Able to use Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook as well as input to hand-held application software, in accordance with training and instructions.
· PTS certification
· OLEC 3 competency, or above.
· Ability to carry out survey and field measure and control using instruments, as well as being able to
suitably analyse and interpret the yielded survey data.
· Being able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
· A working knowledge of OLE in terms of both design and installation of F&F Series 1 equipment.
· Demonstrable experience and successfully delivering Overhead line systems, within a challenging and high pressure work environment.
· Knowledge of Health and Safety requirements related to OLE work, including Work at Height.
· Flexible hours working will be required, including bank and public holidays, where access demands.
· Full driving licence.
The following qualities/experience are desired
· Suitable Engineering Qualification in an appropriate discipline (e.g. HNC level in mechanical engineering).
· Working at Height Certification.