South Lanarkshire, Scotland
20 days ago
Our client a leading Energy company are seeking a Construction Manager (OHL) for an on-going contract role based in Scotland. Glasgow, Central Belt and further afield.
* Responsible for project technical input for planning & development stages including supporting the build-up of all pre-construction information.
* Provide technical expertise to project delivery strategy, project programme, and support & assist the principal designer to coordinate the design stages.
* Assist with the delivery strategy & preparation of contract bid packages of work.
* Lead the technical analysis for each contract & proactively resolve technical queries this includes leading the technical evaluation of each bid to meet key milestone dates for award and site start.
* Acting as the Clients Representative duties will include monitoring the Principal Contractor on the project in line with CDM regs 2015.
* Leadership of the Construction Management Team (CMT) providing technical support, & advice, primarily in relation to all civil & electrical aspects of the construction stage for transmission projects this will include management of a number of onsite contractors.
* Manage and deliver site works to meet commercial conditions of contract including minimising delays and claims for variations.
* Ability to work with a high degree of autonomy and in a team consisting of Project Management, Quantity Surveyor's, Engineers, Safety, Environmental and Quality advisors.
* Responsibility to proactively plan and monitor project and contractors programmes to meet agreed key dates or milestones.
* Experienced in site environmental legislation, waste, and mitigation.
* In depth knowledge of all quality standards and specifications with a particular focus on planning & monitoring of the works using the contractor's inspection and testing regime this will include control over all material and free issue equipment.
* Support & Coordinate project development design, planning, estates, & wayleaves & procurement stages to support contractor access requirements.
* Ability to proactively liaise & interface with clients transmission operational staff Protection Engineers and SAP understand & implement safety from the system support commissioning stages and provide technical assistance during commissioning panel meetings.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
* The candidates should have experience in planning and management of transmission overhead line works including new build construction 132/275/400kV construction (wood pole and towers) / accesses / foundation installation and remediation works / re-insulation / re-spacering / re-conductoring / tower painting / catenary support systems / condition assessment and enabling works packages.
* Strong leadership & planning skills.
* Experienced in the management of NEC Option B & EPC type contracts.
* Ability to implement quality assurance and environmental processes.
* Candidate should have significant experience in all current Health and Safety and Environmental legislation and understand:
? CDM regulations.
? Temporary works.
? New Roads and Street Works Act.
? SEPA regulations.
* Knowledge of specification, design, maintenance, construction and commissioning of OHL's.
* Proven ability to lead and work in a team and contractors environment.
? Essential must have as a minimum five year's experience as a Construction Manager delivering the Principal Contractor role and managing multiple contractors in the power sector.
? Preferred BEng in Electrical Power Engineering or Significant on site experience (5 years minimum), in managing construction projects in the power sector.
? SP Energy Networks authorisations up to 400Kv WI/1 & EN2.
? Excellent IT skills.
? Current five days SMSTS or equivalent.
? First Aid is essential