Ebbw Vale, Blaenau Gwent
Up to £18.19 per hour
25 days ago
3 month contract
Office Manager; based in Ebbw Vale; 3 month contract; £18.19 per hour
Our client in partnership with Welsh Government and the University of South Wales, is developing a National Digital Exploitation Centre (NDEC). The NDEC will be a custom-built facility, designed to meet the need of forthcoming major infrastructure and Critical National Infrastructure programmes in Wales, whilst creating high value jobs and stimulating sustainable business growth in the region.
The NDEC Office Manager will have specific responsibility for managing the day to day operational activity of the NDEC, co-ordinating efficient use of facilities and services for both internal and external stakeholders and customers. In addition, the role will provide support to the management team in the development and delivery of the strategic plan and as secretariat for relevant groups.
This role will provide a vital contribution towards realising the vision to successfully establish the NDEC as a world class centre of excellence for digital and cyber security.
Key duties will involve;
- Manage the day to day operational activity within the NDEC, ensuring efficient and effective planning and use of space, services, technology and audio visual resources.
- Develop, implement and manage the process and information systems for all internal and external bookings pertaining to the NDEC, providing reports to the management team as required.
- Support the NDEC management team, managing complex calendar and scheduling requirements to include travel arrangements, both domestic and international.
- Provide secretariat support to the NDEC Steering Group.
- Act as the first point of contact for visitors to the NDEC, to include a range of public and private sector organisations such as USW, Welsh Government, business and industry representatives.
- Support the development and implementation of the NDEC marketing plan and associated activity; continuous updating of on-line content/messages and ensure that appropriate material/merchandise, relevant to specific audiences, is available for events/presentations and day to day use.
- Develop and implement systems to ensure appropriate data can be collected, stored and manipulated to inform the internal and external NDEC reporting requirements, in accordance with company processes.
- Co-ordinate all procurement activity to include facilities management services delivered by external contractors, ensuring the needs of the NDEC are met.
- Maintain financial records and generate reports relating to NDEC income and expenditure.
- Support the Country HSE Manager and HSE Specialist as it pertains to the implementation, maintenance and management of the HSE management systems
- Develop, implement and monitor policies and procedures specific to the operation of NDEC, ensuring alignment with Thales corporate operations.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of strategies and activity to ensure continuous improvement in the efficiency and effectiveness of the NDEC service delivery.
- Organise and attend events as required.
The successful candidate will be proficient in the use of MS office software. Strong written and verbal communication skills are required along with strong planning and organisation skills. Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task, prioritise work and meet deadlines are required. You will have good attention to detail, be able to use own initiative and have good team-working skills. You will have experience of developing and implementing systems and procedures along with Process Improvement skills.
- Budget monitoring and reporting
- Development, implementation and use of organisation specific information management systems
- Proven office management and administrative experience
- Working with a range of internal and external stakeholders
- Supporting management teams in the delivery of strategies
- Data management
- Procurement and contract management/monitoring
- Building/facility management
- Working with businesses of all sizes and across a range of sectors
In addition, the key behaviours:
- Self-motivated, innovative & willing to exercise initiative
- Customer focused acting professionally on behalf of Thales at all times
- Good interpersonal skills, being part of a multi-disciplinary team environment and support team members, including off site
- The ability to prioritise, manage own workload, be flexible, work under pressure and to demanding deadlines
- Possession of a Business related qualification
Morson is acting as an employment business in relation to this vacancy.