St. Albans, Hertfordshire
£27000 - £280000 per annum
3 months ago
My client, a well-known engineering company are currently searching for an experienced Office Administrator to join their busy multi-disciplinary office.
You will be primarily supporting their Building Services and Acoustics business lines who are currently working on some extremely high-profile projects.
- Organising internal and external meetings including meeting room bookings, video conferences, booking refreshments
- Typing letters, taking minutes at meetings, formatting reports, booking conferences and training
- Raising Purchase Orders and/or Virtual Credit Card payments and arranging payment of invoices
- Assisting in preparation of bid documents - Intermediate Word editing skills would be a minimum
- Recording prospective project work on Salesforce and updating Project Managers and Business Development Directors
- Assisting in preparation of PowerPoint presentations
- Occasionally assist with organisation and delivery/attendance at campus events (staff and external)
- Ordering Health & Safety equipment and PPE and checking/maintaining stock
- Booking training for staff to achieve Health & Safety requirements for site work, or for project-specific requirements
- Updating staff training records
- Responsibility for floor-related health and safety issues and liaising with Facilities
- Inducting new starters
- Work experience coordination as required
- Making travel arrangements
- Time sheet recording/chasing for team
- Dealing with incoming and outgoing post
- Archiving and updating the database
- Ordering stationery, arranging couriers, scanning, printing and photocopying
- Updating structure charts and standardised documentation for your teams
- Expense claim completion for Engineers
- Cover for Reception if required
Specific Skills Required:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to liaise with internal and external clients
- Organised and effective with high attention to detail
- Ability to use discretion and judgement when dealing with confidential matters
- Experience working as an administrator or secretary.
- Must have excellent IT skills - Particularly in MS Office, Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Adobe.