Rome, Rome (province)
Up to €235.00 per day
20 days ago
Morson International are working with a global consultancy who are looking for an OFF-SITE IT Project Manager x 2 to join their team in Rome. This is an initial 3 months contract extendable.
The position reports to the ICT Solutions Coordinator, in the Information Technology Division and requires hands on project management experience to run or support the running of ICT projects.
The position involves extensive communication and interaction with key stakeholders and requires an excellent understanding of IT system programme/project implementation. The incumbent is expected to directly manage and/or support the management of projects contributing to the ICT work programme including:
- Manage projects and other related tasks as assigned by the ICT Solutions Coordinator / ICT Director
- Provide input to project estimates and planning for future projects
- Co-ordinate the recruitment of technical resources to implement projects, including identifying the required technical skills
- Provide bimonthly status reports on on-going projects
- Manage budget and resource activities on projects
- Manage the project plan, updating frequently and communicated to all stakeholders
- Co-ordinate change management activities for project roll out.
Qualification and experience:
- A university degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related fields, preferably at postgraduate level or its equivalent
- Minimum of 6 years of work experience in IT at progressively senior levels
- At least 6 years of relevant experience with track record in management of large Systems Development projects as well as of change management principles and techniques
- Suitability to undertake the responsibilities mentioned above at the required level
- Proven management and leadership qualities
- International experience working in several countries
- Recognized Project Management Qualification such as PMP or PRINCE2
- Familiarity with the United Nations common system or international financial institution
- Expert skill in the use of Microsoft Project 2007 or 2010 for complex projects experience with Microsoft Project Server 2007
- Experience of managing projects in at least one of the following technologies: Oracle PeopleSoft, Oracle Flexcube, Oracle Hyperion, Liferay, Sharepoint, Ruby on Rails, Geonode
- Able to successfully deliver assigned projects within assigned scope, budget and schedule
- Knowledge of managing outsourced projects
- Able to utilize project management skills to lead project teams in resolving complex problems and issues using their technical and functional knowledge and skills in relation to delivering successful projects
- Has strong functional knowledge of Administrative and project based systems
- Applies a high level of technical expertise in the implementation and delivery of projects associated with content management systems
- Uses iterative Solution Development Life Cycle (SDLC) to manage and implement solution development activities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English essential.
If you are interested and would like to find out more, apply now and we will be in touch shortly. Alternatively, contact Paul from Morson for more information.