Up to €0.00 per annum + TBC
about 1 month ago
Morson International are looking for an OCS Engineer for our client in the Telecommunications industry in Uganda.
- Engage in hardware installations and carry out commissioning and integration of application and software products such as OCS, CBS, etc.
- Perform the integration tests with external systems and also finish the acceptance tests.
- Perform operations/changes for hardware like servers, storages, switches, USAU, etc. and software like OS, DB and applications.
- Do the routine checks of system hardware like servers, storages, switches and software like Suse/Unix system Oracle DB and also OCS applications. Perform the issue handling and lead the emergency recovery activity.
- Manage any issues that may affect the system or customer satisfaction to the Project Manager/Line Manager.
- Supervise and report sub-contractor performance on application and software project delivery and quality of deployment.
- Application and software Products Bid supporting by producing deployment, swap and expansion solutions, provide service solution proposals.
- Analyze the customers existing systems, needs, and requirements to provide the necessary solution.
- Technical Presentations and Participation in Technical discussions with customers.
- Application and software Planning, Performance Analysis and Optimization.
- Provide weekly, monthly and quarterly status reports on application and software project performance to identified stakeholders.
- Degree in Electrical/Electronics Engineering, Computer science or relevant field
- Minimum of 5 years hands-on experience in Charging system operations and maintenance and has rich experience of infrastructure and OCS/CBS/Billing service.
- Good at Charging/billing system architecture, Linux/Unix system, Oracle Database, network equipment installation/configuration/commissioning.
- Good troubleshooting skills, such that faults are promptly identified and rectified to meet the required SLAs.
- Successful applicants should be Goal-oriented with good interpersonal and communication skills, and be a very good team player.
- Successful applicant should be good at customer relationship, understanding their requirement.
- A good team player and able to work effectively.
- Capable of to taking responsibility of leading the team in technical part and able to work with minimum supervision.
If you are interested and would like to find out more, apply now and we will be in touch shortly. Alternatively, contact Paul from Morson for more information.