Manchester, Greater Manchester
£59000.00 - £62000.00 per annum
5 months ago
Occupational Health and Wellbeing Manager
Main purpose of role
Lead the delivery of an Occupational Health strategy to ensure the company understands and controls work related health risks, reducing the risk of harm and reducing sickness absence. Work with HR to formulate the Wellbeing elements of this strategy and oversee delivery of it in order to improve the health and wellbeing of employees.
* Development and implementation of the strategy for occupational health
* Responsible for ensuring all health risks within the organisation are well understood, documented, assessed and managed
* Provision of competent occupational health information and advice
* To manage the occupational health contract, and drive a quality, proactive, efficient service
* Work with HR to formulate the wellbeing elements of an overarching Health strategy and oversee the delivery of the wellbeing elements
* Ownership and delivery of assigned projects for health and wellbeing improvement activities
* Benchmarking Health &Wellbeing externally to ensure best in class performance
* Constant review, feedback and escalation to ensure the H&W framework meets current legislation and any changes are representative, aligned and implemented into current organisational model
* Act as a subject matter expert and managing the continuous improvement of our occupational health and wellbeing policies and processes, including health surveillance, reasonable adjustments etc.
* Work in partnership with key stakeholders in HR, Operations and SES to deliver a collaborative approach to employee health, safety and wellbeing
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
* Degree level qualification (or equivalent) in Occupational Health or relevant subject
* Qualified Registered medical professional with Occupational Health qualification or experience
* NEBOSH Diploma/ Certificate or equivalent
* Knowledge of health and wellbeing theory and up to date with current best practices.
* Proven experience in similar senior Occupational Health and Wellbeing role, with a track record of successfully developing and implementing improvement strategies
* Experience of Occupational Health service delivery and/or contract management to ensure a quality, efficient and robust OH service is provided
* A good understanding of behavioural theory and practice.
* Experience of working within a unionised environment and having forged strong partnerships.
* Experience of developing company level strategy and implementing it within a complex multidiscipline environment