£40.00 - £40.04 per hour
3 months ago
We currently have a contract opportunity for a Nuclear Propulsion Interfaces Engineer (Mechanical or Electrical) to act as a liaison point primarily between the a major shipbuilder and its Industrial Partners on a submarine programme. The main duties will be focused around the delivery of the Engineering outputs and the associated maturity requirements.
This post will play a key role in the Development, Manufacture Build Test & Commissioning of the NSRP and will require significant design, build and interaction. You will confirm by review and surveillance assumptions underpinning engineering data, analysis methodologies, and interpretation of results are appropriate to the need of the whole boat provider teams.
The successful candidate will be:
- Representing the client's Engineering function to ensure interfaces & requirements are met by the supplier.
- Liaising with internal customers and potentially suppliers to ensure their requirements and needs are considered, incorporated, and where appropriate agreed
- Monitoring relevant progress against the program schedule
- Reporting regularly on activity through the Propulsion Engineering Integration Team
- Execute, evaluate, & deliver engineering and cross functional tasks recognising stakeholder and internal customer requirements
- Be able to identify problem areas and implement agreed recovery plans
- Be able to access, have clear understanding of and apply the Quality and HS&E Management System documentation applicable to your scope of work and comply to the HS&E rules and control measures
- Support the team by coordinating actions to progress work activities
Proven Ability / Key Skills
- Possess sufficient proven ability of submarine nuclear steam raising plant (NSRP) and submarine design
- The aptitude to identify unusual characteristics and other departures from normal practice that may require deeper investigation
- Ideally have an understanding of how the product is operated
- Must be knowledgeable in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint & Ideally SAP and Teamcenter
- Self-motivated, confident, pro-active individuals with good planning, organisational and communication skills are vital
- The ability to act independently to help deliver the requirements of both sides of the technical interfaces
- Due to the sensitive nature of the product all applicants must have worked within the Defence / Military industry within the last 12 months or be capable of obtaining Security Clearance (SC level minimum).