4 months ago
NSSS Auxiliaries Engineer x 2 , Contract, Bristol
The candidate will be responsible for developing Equipment Qualification (EQ) activities of mechanical
equipment within the team. Experience level of the individual suitable for this position would vary from a highly capable Graduate up to a Senior Engineer level.
This position will sit within the Technical Management & Acceptance (TMA) Function in the Technical
Directorate. TMA are responsible for fulfilling the Licensee's 'Intelligent Customer' responsibilities by
maintaining technical oversight of the design and supply chain, in particular to ensure the safety case
requirements are adequately captured and fulfilled during the design, procurement, manufacturing,
construction/erection and commissioning of the plant. This role is for a position in the Nuclear Island (NI) Branch of TMA. This branch is responsible for technical oversight of the reactor pressure vessel, primary circuit, feed systems, chemical and volumetric control system and other associated auxiliary and safety systems.
The role requires frequent interaction, including some travel, with external designers and manufacturers in the supply chain based in France, Germany, UK and other countries.
Nature and Scope
The candidate will work as part of a multi-disciplinary team as the responsible person for embedding EQ activities within the team, supporting the associated equipment owners. An important part of this role will be fulfilled through Technical Review and Acceptance of engineering documentation received from designers and suppliers.
* Develop a detailed understanding of EDF qualification doctrine and how it will be applied to
the packages within the team's scope
* Support the equipment engineers with Review & Acceptance of EQ reports on their scopes
* Manage technical issues relating to EQ to enable the delivery of pragmatic solutions,
challenging where appropriate
* Produce a detailed EQ workbook, that details the status of open technical issues per
contract, key stakeholders, schedules and references
* Develop and maintain effective working relationships with key internal and external
stakeholders, including managing interactions with the ONR
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications, Experience
* Degree or equivalent in a relevant engineering subject
* Prior experience in Equipment Qualification is desirable
* Understanding of Nuclear Power Station design PWR or EPR experience would be an
* Knowledge of mechanical design codes and their application
* Knowledge of the principles of Safety Case requirements and how these are discharged
through the project life cycle
* Ability to learn quickly and have a mind-set of driving rigour in technical output