Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
£21.50 - £27.00 per hour
3 months ago
Morson are currently looking to recruit a number of Inspectors for our motorsport client based in Milton Keynes.
There are a variety of shifts available and rates will vary according to experience and shift.
As Composite Inspector you will be engaged in all aspects of in-process inspection of manufactured composite components, thermal analysis, part to CAD inspection as well as inspection of final parts and assemblies. This challenging position requires effective teamwork, clear communication, initiative, intelligent judgement, achieving and maintaining production efficiency and, most importantly, an unwavering dedication to the quality of the product produced.
To ensure components are to the correct quality and specification during manufacture and that specified processes and procedures are adhered to.
* Identifying non-conforming components/evaluation and decision making of how issues are handled.
* In-process inspection, monitoring and reporting to provide assurance that composite components are manufactured to the correct specification and all relevant checks have been carried out.
* Inspection to drawing using both surface table and hand measuring instruments.
* Part to CAD inspection, using portable measuring devices for both hard probing and laser scanning methods, analysis of results and accurate reporting of route cause dimensional issues.
* Using mainly heat flow technique, operation of the DSC machine to validate material properties and correct cure specification.
* Pressure testing and investigation of leaks throughout the manufacturing process to prove reliability and the component meets the set requirements.
* Remote video inspection and measuring of internal structures
* Completion of inspection reports, managing communication of issues with the NCR system and liaison with designers to establish fit for purpose of components.
* Ensuring the accurate recording and entry of weights into the business system.
* Implementing continuous improvement projects and working with engineers to implement new processes.
* Inspection of used components between races and tests to check for damage and other problems that could affect the reliability and/or the safety of the car.
* Updating of the lifing system with service intervals and notes from manufacturing/checking service reports and ensuring all lifed parts are within service specification/life for the next event.
* Computer literate, must be adept in use of email, MS Office 2000 or later, particularly Excel and Word
* Experienced in CAD
* Excellent communication skills
* Comprehensive composite manufacturing knowledge
* Good knowledge of inspection Procedures
* Excellent interpersonal skills are essential.