Up to £46.00 per hour
7 months ago
NOC Service Engineer (2nd Line) - DV Cleared
Location - Corsham
Rate - £46.00 per hour
Duration - 6 Months
The 2nd Line NOC team provides service, support, and management capabilities to the Defence Information Infrastructure - from delivery into live service, providing all aspects of continued management of the live infrastructure though to close down.
The NOC L2 Service Engineer role is accountable for providing technical assistance and instructional documentation to other Resolver Groups within the wider Service Operations as well as to the 3rd line network engineers within the NOC. He/She provides an interface to other technical stakeholders - including Architects, other engineering disciplines, and sub-contractors.
A large portion of the role is focused on orchestrating the application of investigating critical issues, during which the role holder will regularly function as the technical representative of the NOC on behalf of Airbus to the wider Atlas community, including the customer and business partners, at times without direct support.
The team is the single point of contact for technical conference bridge calls, which are arranged to resolve incidents 24/7. This would include acting as the NOC liaison with other technical groups, from Architects through to 1st line support on 3rd party applications.
To achieve this role, the L2 Service Engineer must exercise the following skills:
* Strong Technical competence in Networking, with a strong understanding of other technologies, such as Windows, SAN, Security, Virtualisation.
* Strong skills in interpreting and producing, and tracking technical documentation.
* Strong communications skills within the department to provide confidence and direction to peers
* Ability to plan, prepare and organise large scale implementation, over a period of several months.
* Ability to communicate effectively written and verbally with stakeholders at all levels, from end users to project managers, and architects. Including providing information which will support and influence the decision making process within the service management internal and external environments.
Accountable for the performance of the technical and operational service elements that are delivered.
* Provide a technical role in resolving service incidents, applying diagnosis, maintenance, change and configuration control attributes to bring about a resolution or pass to L3 engineers to resolve once all avenues have been exhausted or timescales define escalation to L3.
* Apply technical governance to inbound deliveries from the project design phase to ensure they accurately reflect the live environment, & are appropriately structured to enable successful technical service delivery.
* Consistently perform and deliver outputs within the service contract time constraints (KPI's & SLA's).
* Drive efficiency into technical delivery as a key influence and author of departmental and inter departmental process.
* Provide concise documentation to support the delivery of services.
This job needs to contribute to …
(list max. 5 additional/ project/interactive tasks)
* Champion the attainment of industry standard and vendor specific certifications and complimentary academic qualifications, including those under the umbrella of Cisco, and topics in advanced networking.
* Act as a subject matter expert for specific technical areas, or tools applicable to the DII Network.
* Participate in the 'on call' function as required by the service contract and company needs.
* Adhere to obligations necessary to maintain a Developed Vetting security clearance
The volume / budget / turnover of this job is
analysis of raw technical data, and Stakeholder Engagement.
***Valid DV CLEARANCE is Essential***