Trafford, Greater Manchester
competitive benefits package
11 months ago
Job Title: Nights Shift Manager
Salary: Negotiable depending upon experience, with excellent benefits package
MAIN JOB PURPOSE
Working as part of a team of managers to initiate and implement strategic change at pace in line with overall business plan to ensure future success of the organisation. Applying and championing world Class manufacturing techniques to effectively manage the site night shift functions ensuring optimal operational performance.
- Provide leadership, motivate and develop a team of Managers/Coordinators through coaching/monitoring and PDR frameworks providing opportunity for a greater contribution to business success
- Develop structure with clearly defined roles, responsibilities and accountabilities to ensure development of a flexible, multiskilled team.
- Develop and maintain good employment practice in line with Legislation, Trade Union Agreements, Kingsland Policy.
- Drive efficiency and productivity movements reducing cost and maximising quality and availability to the customer.
- To effectively manage the nightshift operation maximising cost savings and service levels
- Develop and maintain sound business relationships with current/future suppliers & customers (internal)
- Champion monitor and facilitate a team working/CI environment across the nightshift function, empowering team to identify and solve problems
- Champion and promote a safety culture proactively develop a safe working environment, continually striving to improve safety standards.
- To set highest standards of GMP/hygiene. Ensure all products are manufactured in compliance with Food safety Legislation, Code of Practice.
- Facilitate cross functional team work developing internal customer culture across all functions to enhance contribution from key assets
- To drive and champion cultural/operational change at pace developing operational and behavioural systems and controls
- To promote a high level of motivation at all levels within function through effective communication and employee engagement.
- To contribute a high level of motivation at all levels within function through effective communication and employee engagement
- To contribute the development of organisational strategy and performance improvement
- Monitor measure and report operational issues, opportunities and developments within agreed formats.
- Ensure that customers (internal and external) receive a quality service, meeting agreed levels.
- Annual performance review and development plans at all levels
- Succession plans
- Resource base and flexibility of skills to match sire requirements
- Succession plans
- Training plan
- Absence to site target
- RTW Audits
- Efficiency 100% of plan
- Waste to standard
- Quality to standard
- Labour variance in line with standard
- Effective Management of costs and budgets.
- Delivery of sustainable solutions
- Cost/service improvements
- Delivery of all level meetings within area
- Delivery of action Teams targeting pare to top issues
- Accident and incident frequency and ratios meet industry standards as measured by audits.
- Hygiene to meet standards as measured by audits and micro reports.
- Working with other departments to ensure KPI's are met.
- Develop organisational strategy into concrete action plans
- Good morale
- Employee involvement
- Improved function Performance
- Attendance at performance meeting
- Presentation of ideas
- Ensure quality shift reports
- Weekly meetings with FM
- Conduct Audits
- Internal/External audit results
What decisions can you make?
- All day to day operational issues
- Recruitment to Shift Manager Level
- Discipline (to Final Written Warning) and Grievance Issues
- Employees/Self Development
- Able to lead fault finding / root cause investigations to a successful conclusion.
- Production/WCM experience at Production/Senior Production Manager level of FMCG environment, preferably bottling. Ideally of graduate calibre with a proven record of achievement in a high volume production environment.
- Preferred engineering background
- Excellent communication, motivational, analytical and planning skills are essential for this role, as is being an exceptional leader of people.
- Working knowledge of SAP
- Experience of Lean manufacturing processes
- Ideally Six Sigma qualified
To apply, please send your CV or call Alex on 01617071516. Please note - if you haven't received feedback within 5 days of application you have not been successful on this occasion.