Up to £300.00 per day
13 days ago
To assist in the delivery of all test and verification activities pertaining to a stage within the TACIP development.
The Test & Verification Engineer will be specifically responsible for all deliverables pertaining to the design and execution of test cases and test scripts for each designated test phase of the Programme to which they are allocated.
The T&V Engineer will have the following key responsibilities:
- Identifying stage test phase motivators and contributing to the detailed stage test phase detailed project plans in conjunction with the Lead Engineer
- Compiling the stage test phase test cases
- Allocating and coordinating the stage test phase test execution schedules
- Assisting in the production of the stage and phase Risk Analysis
- Production of stage test phase Test Plans
- Production of stage phase Test Scripts including the definition of test data and expected results
- Evaluate and report on the progress and effectiveness of test effort against stage test phase project plans
- Assist in the review and validation all Subcontractor/Supplier test deliverables, including on-site inspections at Subcontractor/supplier premises.
- Production of the stage test phase Test Exit Reports
- Evaluate and report on the product quality of all stage and phase test deliverables
- Perform test execution of test phase test scripts, record and verify results and capture defects upon observation of non-compliance
- Responsible for defining the test environment configuration required to support scheduled tests during a stage test phase.
- At least 3 years test engineering experience - essential
- Experience of projects involving multiple suppliers using varying delivery and test approaches - essential
- Knowledge and experience of IEEE829 and BS7925-2 (or equivalent) - essential
- Understanding of Problem, Change, Release and Configuration Management processes - essential
- Broad understanding of the Prince2 project management methodology - highly desirable
- Proven experience in Comms/network infrastructure testing - essential
- Knowledge of environmental/TEMPEST test techniques - highly desirable
- Knowledge of Military/secure/civil infrastructure systems testing - essential
- Educated to HND/Degree level either in a science or engineering based subject - essential
- Formal qualifications in testing (Foundation level of ISEB Software Testing) - highly desirable
- Appropriate manufacturers or technical course (i.e. Oracle, SQL)
**SC CLEARANCE WILL BE NEEDED FOR THIS ROLE**