US$35.00 - US$40.00 per hour + up to 40.00 hourly
14 days ago
Network Support Specialist
San Jose, CA
6 month contract (likely to be extended)
Essential/Key Areas of Responsibilities:
* Review, test, document and implement operating system updates and security patches all through the network enterprise.
* Address tier 1-3 IT problems and questions. Assist with troubleshooting complex system and network issues.
* Work with business application owners to implement system updates mitigating impact on business operations.
* Executes day to day maintenance tasks including security patch deployment problem determination and system monitoring.
* Effectively document and communicate system changes/issues/risks to the appropriate stakeholders.
* Responsible for responding to live site and user desktop and peripheral issues.
* Participates in the continual refinement of processes and policies to ensure the highest possible performance and availability of network systems.
* Work with colleagues and external support providers to assure proper implementation of system updates and identified vulnerability remediation.
* Any other duties or tasks as assigned.
Skills: Technical Knowledge/Skills & Experience Required
* 3 years of relevant IT experience.
* Must have a minimum of 3 years hands on experience with Windows OS administration, patch management, IT customer care background, and hands-on end user support experience.
* Must have advanced solid experience working with Windows Active Directory, management of group policy object, Windows scripting languages, and automated patch management solutions.
* Must have demonstrable experience administrating operating system updates and system vulnerability remediation.
* Understanding of Microsoft networking and Active Directory.
* Detail knowledge of core internet and networking protocols (i.e., DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP, IPSEC, ARP, SFTP, SSL, HTTPS), IP communications and troubleshooting.
* Proven knowledge and demonstrable experience with computer security procedures and protocol.
* Demonstrate ability to develop creative solutions to complex problems Experience with Virtualization platforms support VMware.
* Understanding of various Desktop Management Systems such as anti-virus software, patch management and software delivery Excellent communication skills required.
* Available off-hours periodically to support high impact projects.
* Must be able to analyze data from multiple collection points to identify computers and systems that are out of compliance.