£42000 - £46000 per annum + Pension, Health, Parking
7 months ago
An amazing opportunity for an experience Cisco Network support engineer has arisen within this superb employer. You'll will truly be at the cutting edge of networking technologies and surrounded by a highly skilled, hardworking and knowledgeable team. The ideal candidate will come from a large enterprise or Service provide. This employer has a defined career path, excellent benefits and free parking. You'll be part of a Cisco Network Support team that provides 24/7 support, so you will be on call once a month but paid handsomely for when you are called out. This role entails some travel, mainly to Manchester but only occasional.
What we are looking for
- Strong experience in a network support role, in a Cisco environment that includes strong technical knowledge of TCP/IP, Multilayer Switching and Routing (Cisco 6807XL 6500)
- Strong understanding of network analysis; experience in CiscoWorks & Solarwinds.
- Strong Knowledge of Wide Area Networking technologies, preferably MPLS.
- Experience of Cisco Meraki Wireless LAN and Firewalls (Fortigate, ASA 5500X 5508 technologies preferred)
- LogicMonitor, Wirewhark and Fluke
- Any Aruba WLAN Controllers with Airwave experience will be the icing on the cake.
What you'll need
- Minimum A' Level qualification
- Cisco CCNA or equivalent accreditation
- A good understanding of ITIL Service, preferably holding an ITIL foundation certificate
- A good understanding of IT Project Management best practice as you'll be assisting project managers and directors in high level network projects.