£650.00 - £750.00 per day
30 days ago
This role is UK based, (flexible on location), but will require frequent travel to and extended visits of up to 30 days per trip to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA) for key parts of the delivery. The successful candidate will need to comply with and observe all laws, regulations and decrees of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia when working in the country, including all laws, regulations and decrees that relate to employment and the workplace, as well as the local customs and traditions of the KSA. We would highly recommend that any candidate studies the information and advice published by the UK Government about the KSA and undertakes his or her research into the local customs and traditions of the KSA, before applying for this position. You can find further information here https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/saudi-arabia
In addition to the overseas travel requirements, the candidate will need to spend a period working alongside the UK teams predominantly based in either London or Ipswich.
Travel and Subsistence will be covered by the client, specifically:
* Return flights to KSA (including Visa runs every 30 days)
* Working Visa costs which need to be renewed every 180 days
* Accommodation costs at the Al-Nakhla complex https://www.alnakhla.sa/
* A daily subsistence rate of £25 will apply for food and refreshments.
* Transport to and from the Al-Nakhla will also be provided by the client
The successful candidate will have a proven track record in designing, building and transitioning a tier 2 or tier 3 data centre. The candidate must demonstrate how they can embrace many sophisticated technologies such as blade servers, grid computing, cloud compute and virtualization.
The candidate will be responsible for adequately securing the Data Centre and should examine factors such as facility design and architecture. The candidate must demonstrate the capacity to develop a robust server and storage architecture. They must also play an active role in the manageability and operations of the data centre.
The candidate will have varied responsibilities including capturing security, space, power and cooling requirements. They will fulfill a critical role in the data centre capacity planning and must also manage disaster recovery plans and requirements
The candidate will also be responsible for budgetary issues, space allocation, power, and other factors. They typically oversee not only the servers, storage, and network but also the security, power, and cooling for the data centre.
Other duties include leading the technical aspect of presales activities and providing technical input to our existing customers. This position, reporting directly into the Programme and Engineering Teams, has the scope to define the client's datacentre offering by pushing innovation and influencing technical standards and specifications.
KEY SKILLS NEEDED FOR THE ROLE:
* Secure Datacentre architecture design principles
* Secure DMZ architecture design principles
* Optimised Datacentre design (Big Data, Cisco Fabricpath, Cisco UCS, etc)
* Network forensics technologies
* Advanced persistent threat detection technologies
* Next Generation FWs, Cisco preferred
* Deep packet inspection for IDS, application control, etc
* PKI Architecture design
* Network aggregation technologies
* Cybersecurity best practices
* Ability to produce technical designs and prepare/attend technical presentations and design workshops with clients
* Ability to provide high-quality technical authoring of documentation and processes.
* /ability to take the lead in reviewing new or changing security requirements with key stakeholders to ensure elements are achievable and designs are executed to satisfy the contracted scope and requirements.
* Ability to lead the development of security specifications that capture key design requirements and protect the clients interests.
* Ability to provide pre-sales support for incoming enquiries
* Ability to provide guidance and mentoring for other team members.
* Ability to actively undertake training to develop your capability and keep up to date with cutting edge technologies and processes
TO SUCCEED IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL NEED TO BE:
* An expert in Network Security with a strong multi-disciplined engineering capability
* You must have excellent communication skills, both verbally and written with the ability to produce technical reports, proposals and designs to a professional quality
* Strong ability for technical analysis and problem solving, with great attention to detail.
* Excellent organisation with strong time management skills
* Ability to maintain own continual professional development
* An Engineering based Hons Degree (BEng/MEng/BSc) or equivalent experience/qualification is essential.
* Ambition to work in or previous experience of working in a fast-paced, dynamic and growing technical environment
* Possess a full driving licence valid for use in the UK
1. Preferred Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert Data Centre (CCIE Data Centre), Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert Security (CCIE Security) or equivalent
2. Minimum of Cisco Certified Network Professional Security (CCNP Security)
3. Beneficial SANS GIAC Defensible Security Architecture (GDSA), or equivalent certification, experience.