Up to €270.00 per day
21 days ago
Morson International working with a global consultancy who are looking for a Network Officer to join their team in Luxembourg. This is initially a 8 months contract with the chance of extension.
- Design and implementation of (converged) solutions to ensure that best practices adapted to the environment are applied
- Handling of multiple simultaneous delivery and installation projects
- Provides technical lead for all systems
- Define the corresponding Reference Configurations to support the best possible performance for the end customer.
- Define and assist in the implementation of policies on systems use and services, with the corresponding policy checks mechanisms
- Oversees installation, provisioning, troubleshooting and reporting with transition or operational teams
- Fosters, develops and maintains relationships with technical counterparts at key manufacturer partners
- Prepares requests for changes to the environment in the particular domain of expertise, and is peer reviewer of changes introduced by the operational team
- Collaborates with the Consultant in the definition of the High Level Architecture
- Develops and enforces procedures to ensure high level of standardization/industrialization within operational team(s)
- Coaches Junior Engineers/Administrators
- Ensures that adequate systems monitoring is in-place and that alerting and reporting integrates into other technical teams and centralized monitoring systems
- Coordinates and implements proactive health-checks of components
- Reports availability, capacity and performance metrics, with corresponding trends for the future
- Maintains technical documentation and provides feedback on possible improvements
- Schedules and manages changes and maintenance activities
- Maintains required technical knowledge and certifications as specified by management
- Provides a document framework with templates to ensure quality and a homogeneous approach concerning business documentation
- Involvement in ITIL design, transition, operation and/or continual service improvement phases.
- Post-secondary education studies of minimum 3 years in computer science.
- Minimum 6 years of relevant experience in network engineering technologies (e.g. CISCO, F5, EMC, PALO ALTO, Checkpoint, etc).
- Relevant professional experience in in the following fields:
- DNS and IP administration LAN protocols (Spanning Tree Protocol and/or VLAN trunking) TCP/IP, RIP, OSPF, BGP and/or EIGRP WAN network topologies and hardware (CSU/DSU, Private Line, DSL) Network Management tools
- Good knowledge of network security and monitoring and management of network security devices
- Good knowledge of encryption at network layer and encryption protocols (SSL/TLS, IPSEC, etc.)
- Good knowledge of the concepts related to load balancing, firewalls, switches (L2/L3), redundancy, IP addressing
- Good knowledge of network devices installation/deployment/backup and recovery of configuration
- Ability to understand/write/update/review documentation and technical specifications related to network infrastructures
- In-depth knowledge of TCP/IP, VPN/VLAN/LAN/WLAN, Gigabit Ethernet and Wireless-based or Firewall, load balancing, application security, threat management, cryptography or other security technologies.
- Good knowledge of network design, network capacity planning, network evolutions, network monitoring
- Ability to understand common network topologies as well as common cabling technologies and standards (fibre/copper, Ethernet)
- Good understanding of fundamental security concepts and policies.
- Experience in multi-manufacturer environments.
- Excellent presentation, communication, analytical, organizational, time management and problem solving skills.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate in multi-culture environments.
- Solid knowledge of (converged) and IP-network technologies.
- Solid documentation skills in English.
- Network (Cisco Certified Network Professional/CCNP or equivalent) and IT Service Management/ITSM qualifications (IT Infrastructure Library/ITIL-ITILV3ISO/IEC 20000 or equivalent) would be advantageous
- Working knowledge, written and spoken, of English required. Knowledge of French is a plus.
If you are interested and would like to find out more, apply now and we will be in touch shortly. Alternatively, contact Paul from Morson for more information.