South Yorkshire, England
£200.00 - £250.00 per day
3 months ago
Network Support Engineer, Network Monitoring, Network Operations Support, Service Desk, Desktop Support, Incident Management, Firewall, Routing, Switching, SC Clearance, Security Clearance
Network Support Engineer required to join and support our client's Service Operations team based in their Network Services Centre in Doncaster, South Yorkshire for an initial 3 month contract.
Our client is interested in anyone from an Operational or Service Desk background with the desire to progress into a Network Support role. You would be responsible to perform event management in monitoring a multiple service (WAN, LAN, Server and Firewall Infrastructure) and perform incident management in line with customer SLA's.
Due to the secure nature of our client's project, the successful candidate must either hold valid SC Clearance or be willing to undergo prior to the commencement of the project.
Network Support Engineer skills/experience include:
- Strong background in an IT environment/ Service Desk/ Operations/ NOC
- Experience of incident monitoring, network or operations monitoring
- Good understanding/basic skills of networking or an aspiration to develop into Networks e.g Switches, Router, Firewalls
- Strong demonstrable experience of working in a high pressured service and operational environments
- Strong customer support and demonstrable incident diagnosis capabilities
- Clear communication skills and ability to integrate into an established operations team
- Self-motivated and willing to learn and progress
- Any knowledge or appreciation of technologies such as Cisco or Juniper desirable
To find out more information, please apply for this position with an updated copy of your CV.