Network Manager - Media & Broadcast - home based
Media - Broadcast - Network Platform Manager - IP - Inside IR35 - Remote working
My client is urgently looking to recruit a Media & Broadcast Network Platform Manager. You will be responsible for the platforms that provide content to the clients media and broadcast customers around the world. You must have previous experience in a media or broadcast environment.
Responsibilities within the role include but not limited to:
- Proactively identify and drive continuous improvements across the network platforms, including performance, availability, service transition and maintenance.
- Manage network capacity including generation of reports, responding to capacity requests and highlight hot spots.
- Advise on platform scaling & deployment of additional capacity for customer growth.
- Complete audits to ensure network diversity continually meets contractual obligations.
- Rationalise the platform and drive upgrades to reduce costs & mitigate vendor end of support.
- Improve operational tools to improve efficiency and customer experience.
- Ensure network and device security standards are adhered to.
- Ensure known issues and risks with the platforms are highlighted and communicated, with risk acceptance and/or workarounds as appropriate.
- Drive decisions regarding status of platforms, including end of sale, end of support, end of service.
- Have a view on when hardware and software upgrades are being performed, in consultation with infrastructure, architecture and operational teams.
Skills required for this role include:
- Understanding of media and IP networks and platform - absolutely essential
- Knowledge of service change management in a broadcast environment - absolutely essential
- Knowledge and experience of information and documentation
- Knowledge of Platform Architecture
- Experience of network performance management
- Experience of designing and implementing process improvements