£300.00 - £325.00 per day
8 months ago
Job Title: Network Implementation Engineer
Location: Newport, Gwent
Rate: £300-£325 per day
Length: 12 Months
1. Scope of position:
The Network Implementation Engineer is responsible for reviewing the current status and inputs from the customer and producing site specific Network Designs covering internal and external requirements for the implementation of the kit on to their allocated sites.
As a Network Implementation Engineer, you will conduct a site survey and input this information into the Site Specific Design Documentation. You will be responsible for ensuring the Site Specific Design meets current customer requirements and contractual obligations. You will produce a BoM for new active equipment that meets your Site Specific Design criteria. You will be responsible for the writing of configuration files for the new active hardware as well as installing the new equipment. It will also be your responsibility to produce an As fitted pack based on the red line drawings submitted for the site and test results from the customer.
2. Key responsibilities:
As a Network Implementation Engineer you will have to:
- Attend Site Survey Meeting
- Conduct site survey of active equipment and associated passive infrastructure
- Complete Site Specific Design documentation
- Check Active BoM meets expectations and matches Site Specific Design requirements
- Perform active installation - includes removal of existing hardware and installation of replacement hardware
- Experience in writing/updating the configurations on switches and routers where faults are found
- Perform re-patching on a like for like basis after switch replacement if necessary
- Produce 'As Fitted' documents
- Action rejections and re-work requests, ensuring deliveries remain on target
3. Key relationships:
Report to Technical Manager, taking technical and task leadership as appropriate.
Communicate effectively with team members.
Report progress on tasks as required to immediate supervisor or project manager.
Develop a trusting and professional relationship with QA representatives.
4. Decision making authority:
Make technical decisions within the build tasks, establishing the best solutions for the products in question.
Act as customer representative by deciding upon the suitability of a solution or system through testing that the solution meets the specification.
5. Problem solving responsibility:
Be able to isolate and demonstrate failures in the product or system built, identifying likely causes and solutions.
Be capable of applying general principles and experience to solve complex problems.
Creation of network rigs in line with specifications.
The successful applicant will have the following skills and experience:
- Educated to HNC level or equivalent experience
- Hold a current Cisco CCNA
- Detailed familiarity of site preparation and construction including: rack installation, electrical wiring & loading, wall penetrations, safety practices, etc.
- Knowledge of interior & exterior fibre optic and copper cable wiring, including single-mode, multimode and hybrid fibre optic cable, shielded and unshielded Category 5e cable, and termination and testing of new and legacy systems
- Knowledge of Health & Safety of Electrical Installations
- Currently hold Ministry of Defence Security Clearance to SC level or above
- Hands on recent experience of rolling out switches and routers to MoD sites
. Supporting certifications a bonus.