Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
£60000.00 - £85000.00 per annum + benefits
5 months ago
Accountable for supporting the development and delivery of a secure operational architecture encompassing skills that include system & network administration, as well as strong project management. This role will cover many of the following areas of expertise:
* Design & Deliver - Secure the existing network platforms through defining the appropriate security systems alongside the IT organisation and then working with the broader Engineering team to update configurations, implement in all new system installation, defining, documenting, and enforcing system standards.
* Operate Monitor - maximising network security by monitoring performance, implementing advanced monitoring capability, troubleshooting network problems and outages, scheduling security upgrades and collaborating with network architects on network optimisation.
* Operate Management - manage the underlying security resources across the non-IT network.
* Operate Fix - In support of the Operations group undertaking data network fault investigations in MAN & WAN environments & implement operational process to scale the Noc capabilities to self-manage incidents.
* To define and implement a secure network architecture.
* To identify and augment existing network as required.
* To incremental improve network monitoring and operational excellence.
* Support of the Operational groups through escalated issues.
* Work with Vendor relationships in regards tactical actions.
Knowledge & Experience
* Strong written and verbal communication skills.
* Self-motivated with the ability to work well independently and on a team.
* Well-developed troubleshooting skills and methodologies.
* Excellent understanding of network protocols e.g. tcp/ip, udp etc.
* Good understanding of IP routing protocols including BGP, OSPF and ISIS.
* Good understanding of mpls, ldp and RSVP.
* Good understanding of layer 2 technologies with an emphasis on ethernet.
* Programming in one or more of Perl, Rest, Shell, Phython.
* Network security experience.
* Network monitoring systems experience.
* LAN/MAN IP and Layer 2 network design.
* MAN DWDM network design and implementation (multi-vendor).