Bolton, Greater Manchester
Up to £48.00 per hour
2 months ago
Network Engineer (SC Cleared)
Duration: 6 Months
Rate: £43,00 per hour LTD
Our Bolton, Lancashire based client have an opportunity for a Network Engineer (SC Cleared) who will be responsible for maintaining and administering networked Test Equipment.
Your primary duties will include administration and maintenance of Test networks, hardware, software, and other related systems, performing disaster recovery operations, security and replacing faulty network hardware components when necessary. You will also be working closely with key stakeholders in order to identify potential issues and plan for future enhancements and expansion.
Network Engineer Responsibilities:
* Maintaining and administering computer networks and related computing environments including operating systems software, applications software, hardware, and configurations.
* Performing disaster recovery operations and data backups when required.
* Protecting data, software, and hardware by coordinating, planning and implementing network security measures.
* Troubleshooting, diagnosing and resolving hardware, software, and other network and system problems.
* Connecting Test Equipment to the network meeting Code of Connectivity process and perform system performance tests.
* Identifying faulty network hardware components when required.
* Maintaining, configuring, and monitoring virus protection software applications.
* Monitoring network performance to determine if adjustments need to be made.
* Conferring with network users about solving existing system problems.
* Operating master consoles to monitor the performance of networks and computer systems.
* Coordinating computer network access and use.
* Designing, configuring and testing networking software, computer hardware, and operating system software.
* Proof-of-concept deployments of new tools and applications.
You will need to have a strong understanding of network infrastructure and network hardware (physical and virtual).
You will also need to be able to implement, administer, and troubleshoot network devices including firewalls, routers, switches, and controllers.
A deep knowledge of network management and monitoring applications and associated transport and network infrastructure protocols is highly desired. Exposure to DevOps and/or Factory of the Future would be a significant advantage
Experience and Qualifications:
* Bachelor degree or relevant experience in Information Technology related field of study with a network engineering focus.
* Strong understanding of network infrastructure and network hardware.
* Ability to think through problems and visualize solutions.
* Ability to implement, administer, and troubleshoot network infrastructure devices, including firewall, routers, switches, controllers and virtualised networks.
* Knowledge of application transport and network infrastructure protocols.
* Ability to create accurate network diagrams and documentation for design and planning network communication systems.
* Provides specific detailed information for hardware, software and IT Tools selection.
* Ability to quickly learn new or unfamiliar technology and products.
* Ability to work with all levels of staff within and outside of Engineering and outside the organization.
* A self-starter able to work independently but comfortable working in a team environment.
* Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
* Dependable and flexible when necessary.
* Network security experience.
Interested? - Hit Apply
**Due to the nature of the project you must hold valid SC Clearance**