about 1 year ago
Morson International have an active requirement for an experienced Network Engineer to work on an initial 6 month contract on client site in Newport.
The candidate will provide service, support, and management capabilities to the clients Information Infrastructure, from delivery into live service, providing all aspects of continued management of the live infrastructure though to close down
***Due to the nature of this role, successful candidates are required to hold a valid DV clearance prior to starting. Candidates who do not hold current DV clearance must be willing and eligible to undergo clearance***
- Provide a technical role in resolving service incidents, applying diagnosis, maintenance, change and configuration control attributes to bring about a resolution.
- Apply technical governance to inbound deliveries from the project design phase to ensure they accurately reflect the live environment, & are appropriately structured to enable successful technical service delivery.
- Consistently perform and deliver outputs within the service contract time constraints (KPI's & SLA's).
- Drive efficiency into technical delivery as a key influence and author of departmental and inter departmental process.
- Provide concise documentation to support the delivery of services.
- Act as a subject matter expert for specific technical areas, or tools applicable to the Network.
- Participate in the 'on call' function as required by the service contract and company needs.
- Strong Technical competence in Networking, with a strong understanding of other technologies, such as Windows, SAN, Security, Virtualisation.
- Strong skills in interpreting and producing, and tracking technical documentation.
- Strong communications skills within the department to provide confidence and direction to peers
- Ability to plan, prepare and organise large scale implementation, over a period of several months.
- Ability to communicate effectively written and verbally with stakeholders at all levels, from end users to project managers, and architects. Including providing information which will support and influence the decision making process within the service management internal and external environments.
The IT Division of Morson International has an excellent track record in the supply of IT skills across the full IT lifecycle. We have consistently supplied quality IT recruitment solutions whilst developing mutually beneficial, long term client relationships
For further information on the company and the role, please apply now by sending an up to date copy of your CV and contact details.